• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

anyone got a rollergun?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jtkwest

recreational user
Dec 2, 2007
doeas anyone have a roller gun they could post pics of? or diagrams or anything. i am interested in building one. beauchat just produced one called a pacifica. costs 1200$us . and is sold out everywhere.(i'm not looking, i just noticed) interesting stuff. seems like the way to go to me.

doeas anyone have a roller gun they could post pics of? or diagrams or anything. i am interested in building one. beauchat just produced one called a pacifica. costs 1200 . and is sold out everywhere.(i'm not looking, i just noticed) interesting stuff. seems like the way to go to me.

Roller guns have been around back to the 50's. They have a dedicated group
of worshipers. Some guys just like the cool look, but up till now they have never been a commercial success. I have a compound roller gun built in the 50's. I'll scan some images next week. I have no use for one as I primarily hunt blue water. They can be great 1 or 2 band close to medium range guns.
Here is a image, forgive me as I lost the source.
Cheers, Don Paul

Attachments

• rollergun.jpg
    rollergun.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 172
  • marlinrevolution4.jpg
    marlinrevolution4.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Reactions: strangelove
thanks for the pics . i especially like the wooden one. do you cock the top band then flip the gun over and cock the bottom? i notice it has notches underneath. i guess you can really have only one band ,(seems like it would be a clusterf#ck with more) seems like it would almost double the power of the one band though, (since it pushes all the way through) i wonder where to get the rollers? probably sailing stuff could be modified.

Hey Fox Great Links, I love the personal interaction between the Posters.:D
Cheers Don

Yes quite!
I wonder what happened to Mark & his gun?
I notice his last post was in fact the last time he visited - August last year.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT