• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

anyone got a rollergun?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jtkwest

recreational user
Dec 2, 2007
doeas anyone have a roller gun they could post pics of? or diagrams or anything. i am interested in building one. beauchat just produced one called a pacifica. costs 1200$us . and is sold out everywhere.(i'm not looking, i just noticed) interesting stuff. seems like the way to go to me.

Roller guns have been around back to the 50's. They have a dedicated group
of worshipers. Some guys just like the cool look, but up till now they have never been a commercial success. I have a compound roller gun built in the 50's. I'll scan some images next week. I have no use for one as I primarily hunt blue water. They can be great 1 or 2 band close to medium range guns.
Here is a image, forgive me as I lost the source.
Cheers, Don Paul

Attachments

• rollergun.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 172
  • marlinrevolution4.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Reactions: strangelove
thanks for the pics . i especially like the wooden one. do you cock the top band then flip the gun over and cock the bottom? i notice it has notches underneath. i guess you can really have only one band ,(seems like it would be a clusterf#ck with more) seems like it would almost double the power of the one band though, (since it pushes all the way through) i wonder where to get the rollers? probably sailing stuff could be modified.

Hey Fox Great Links, I love the personal interaction between the Posters.
Cheers Don

Yes quite!
I wonder what happened to Mark & his gun?
I notice his last post was in fact the last time he visited - August last year.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…