• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

anyone know anything about demka spearguns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Demka Guns

Demka is a Greek brand that has been in business for quite some time. They don't provide as much of a "finished" product as OMER and the other italian brands but they are decent and cost a lot less (at least in Greece). As for as the ALS model is concerned, apparently it is not very accurate: Notice the two bands are set up without a rail. The open muzzle is not the best either. Apparently they make a decent reel but I haven't tried it. I think I'll stick to my Rob Allens ;)

Angelos

I only read some overrated ads. :D but nothing else..

How is fishing shane?

Fishing is good. Just got back from a dive this morning. Caught 2 AJ with 1 shot ;)
and a couple of bream.

Also Caught a Conger Eel bigger than me the other day. Pics are waiting to be developed. Gotta get myself a Digital Camera.

I`m arranging a fishing trip in 2 weeks time, so my photos will be online soon :D

but POST THE EEL PHOTOS!!!

Guys:
I respect your opinion about Spetton/Demka spearguns, but I believe that in order to be able to criticize a product we should at least take the time to take a physical look at it, not just pics.
Demka mechanism is known for being one of the strongest in the market. Even more, it was selected by C4 as the handle/mechanism for a new carbon gun that they are developing and is call Mortimer.
I have been using the models ami 2, velos and als for over a year, all them with the polycarbonate spool reel; and they work excellent. On the als I have made a few modification to the bands (dyneema instead of regular wishbones) and I also added an extra shaft rail piece (120 cm carbon comes with two and I uses with 3). The bands are one of the best in the market and the shafts are also very good.
You will also notice that has no plastic components in critical breaking points such as: muzzle and handle pins, and line release.
So far I can’t complain at all, which I do about other brands like Picasso and Beuchat: I lost a Picasso gun but the handle when pulling a very live grouper – the plastic pin broke and the Beuchat (I had a 115 cm) is not accurate until you add shaft rail and you add power by replacing the bands. Omer guns are superb but overpriced.
Give it a chance and try one of these guns, you will see…
And you can find a new website on-line (I believe still under construction): www.spetton-usa.com
Respectfully,

Rouspearo.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT