• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anyone thought about the Jersey Open?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Huan

Jul 4, 2004
I know many of you including myself are not competitive spearos's however I would like to enter this Comp at least once.
If only to get to Jersey and spear somewhere different.
anyone else interested?
link here

Last edited:
I normally do the Jersey Open (and will do this year). It is always fun and the Jersey guys are very hospitable. Flights can be very cheap so long as you book fairly well in advance.
Some very good catches have come out over the years, one of the locals, "camo" Chris Issaccs had a 10lb and a 12lb bass last year.
The other event which should be fun this year is the BSA 2 day event at Branscombe and Sandy Bay in Devon on 5-6 August. Spearo UK will be putting up prizes for the best newcomers over the 2 days, including an Elios suit and various guns etc
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

no but you have my attention considering it's not so far away and I've never dived a competition nor Jersey :hmm

I will be there for the first time with two other danish guys. even thoug you aren´t in the competition for winning it is alwas great fun with these international comps where you always meet a lot of new people with sharing only the love for the sea
kristianssund cup in norway is another one that are good

hey, come on over. It will be fun!

also do a purely bass comp organised by the more recreational 'club apnea' scheduled for 7 August.

book your flights early and can get some very good deals on aer lingus direct from dublin.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT