• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

anyone tried the ofshore hunter gps program?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jtkwest

recreational user
Dec 2, 2007
i keep hearing about this new software from offshore called"offshore hunter" it is supposed to be awesome for managing your waypoints on a computer then to transfer to gps. i currently have a handheld garmin, but on my boat i got a new lowrance hds 10. this thing is so freakin compicated to use. plus all my 550 waypoints are in the garmin program. and you cant save them in a file and tranfer them to a lowrance. so now i am faced with manually typing all those #s into the lowrance program i bought. i really dont want to do it, and have been procrastinating for weeks now. every time i go on my boat, i am still using the handheld.i have this bad ass lowrance with high definition and stuff 10" viewable screen. and yet i use my gpsmap 60c(2.5" screen) to navigate . plus i got a huge book of loran numbers that need to be converted, from an old timer commercial diver and spearfisherman. i heard that the offshore hunter program will do all that. has anyone ever used it? i already got two programs and the lowrance one wasnt cheap! i really dont want to buy another one unless i am sure it will do what i want.(in that case i will ante up)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…