• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anyone tried this mask - FLOW low volume mask

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

misterlizard

Tom Arnold
Oct 11, 2002
I need to get a new mask as my Cressi Minima which I use for freediving just doesn't really cut it for spearfishing (it doesn't hold a snorkel well - too sensitive to movement, plus it isn't made for good all-round vision). I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment, and out of the lower end of the mask market, I like the look of this one: FLOW Low volume mask for Spearfishing Freediving - UK Dive, swimming, snorkelling
Anybody tried one?

Looks radical at that price give it a go !! But you know what its like its nice to try them on and see if they fit well/seal and dont hurt or leak or just look a silly?!!!! Let us all know .Do you really need a new one you seem to be doin ok with your old one?

Yeah, I'm still getting fish, but the mask does bother me. It has really limited peripheral vision, plus it has started leaking around the lenses and that has got really annoying!
I might just go for the good old Cressi Superocchio as I used to have one of those and it was great until British Airways squashed it by throwing my suitcase around. Grr.

if you are spearing you can't beat the micromask (aqualung or technisub according to where you live) IMHO. very low volume and flat lenses. curved lenses in masks suck for spearing, too much distortion.

Thanks for the advice. I reckon after spending far too long reading all the mask-related posts on this forum, I have decided to buy a Cressi Matrix. It seems to be a very popular choice and Cressi masks generally fit me very well. Also, it seems that a lot of people recommend against having a clear skirt on their mask as it causes problems with reflection.

Tom, trust me on this one, there is only one mask for deep spearing: Micromask no relation to the company, but I have tried so many masks, and this is the dogs bo...ks (ie, very good!) order black/black

My favorite mask too (besides the Vodka mask for pool and line trainings). But it does not necessarily fit all - I've bought my 2nd Micromask from a club fellow for just 20€ (used maybe twice), because it did not fit his face :)

And on the point that Trux made: a couple of years ago I was visiting the Maldives and one of the guys at the dive centre (who was a decent freediver) saw my brand new micromask and got all excited and wanted to buy it off me as he said he couldn't get it shipped there.

I told him i'd gladly sell it to him (for $150 - joking) but I insisted that he tried it for a day's diving first. He came back at the end of the day and told he that he was gutted because his eye lashes were brushing against the lenses and it was annoying him!

So the moral of the story is: if you see someone with big lashes, keep your micromask out of sight.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm a micromask user too, but the Sporasub Mystic (?) is a good one as well. Both comfortable with a low volume, good vision and without distortion.

So the moral of the story is: if you see someone with big lashes, keep your micromask out of sight.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have prescription lenses, quite thin but nonetheless, glued INSIDE mine. The lenses are now closer to my lashes. When I was diving pure frenzel my lashes would touch at about 30-35m. Now with pure mouthfill (line dives) they never seem to.

Azapa, did you dive with the mask at the VB competition too? Or just at some training dives?

All with the micromask with the stuck in lenses! Speared in the afternoons with it too.

I ordered this Sommap Flow black mask for hall purposes, when it arrives and i have tested it, I will tell how it feels..
Posted via Mobile Device

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT