• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anyone used a Seac Sub Caccia / Caccia HF ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

grantl

Dec 5, 2005
The pull to the Dark Side is irresistible now and I'm getting myself a pneumatic
specifically for long range use in very clear water.
Finding my Rabbitech 85 is just a little short in some situations and I was almost going for a RA 120 twin band but having been thinking about a pneumatic for a long time I've decided to go for a 115 or 135 Caccia or similar canon

I've done a bit of searching on DB and there isn't too much about owner experiences of the gun - anyone got one? Any thoughts?
I'm thinking an 11mm int barrel is the way to go for me but interested to hear other ideas.
I guess a 13mm dry barrel will have (slightly?) more range but when I'm looking at the cost of the gun & conversion kit it makes me think the Caccia is a good compromise in performance / cost?

Grant

Last edited:
Hi Grant,

The caccia 115 is a good size for medium and larger fish. The 135 is really for deep clear water and big fish! What are you hunting and in what viz?

Dry barrels are not all about power, there offer a much nicer gun overall - less recoil, less noise & about 25% more power or less effort to load for the same power!
Forget a 135 mate, even for a big lad they are massive & really differcult to load!
look at an asso 115 if you are on a budget but an omer airbalete with a dry barrel would be the business...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…