• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Apnea Running

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mariana Trench

Oct 27, 2009
What do you think about this kind of exercise? Today I tried first four apnea runnings after four apnea walks warm-up and my Opinion: IT IS TOTAL MASSACRE!!!! It is pretty much worse than walk and stair apneas. First two runs was about 1 minute, the third was 1:05 a the last fourth was 1:10 (recovery time 4-5 minutes between each run)... At this time (about 2 hours after last run) I can still feel headache and stomackache, evocated by extremly high level CO2 in blood. So I expect improve in walk apnea and stair apnea times with consenquential effect on my STA times. Have you any experience with this kind of training?

Lukas

For a while I did FRC apnea running, my best was about 230m in 0'47". With inhale or packing it would be much longer. I think it is a useful exercise, but extremely stressful on the body. I think no more than 2 reps per session, every 2 days.

I agree. It is very stressful for body. 2 times max! Yesterday four runnings was too much. I have still (after 20 hours) bad fellings in stomack, head and legs!

I just do it after 7 repetition of Co2 walk apnea but try only 2 rep. for 90 m-100 m and it was fine reach to 18 contract my max was 30 contract before the BA .

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT