• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

April Meet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
The April meet at NDC is 24/25 April. Dives will be Sat am - meet 9.30am, Sat pm - meet 1.30pm and Sunday am - meet 9.30am. Max depth this time down to 45m.

We should also, hopefully, have our new line and pontoon.

There are also a few of us going down to Porthkerris in Cornwall for Easter weekend. If you are free and would like to join us for some scuba or some extreme snorkelling - let me know and I can help you find somewhere to stay.

see you all soon

Sam x

Martin and I are definately ok for April meet and we will be there for the Saturday morning meet time, so Martin OK for scuba cover all weekend...

Sam, with regards to P/K at Easter, again, we're definately going but as we opened our mouths to the dive club, he has put us on his list to dive with the club! Will be a bit awkward if we tell him we're now going with someone else, especially as he'll be there as well! Anyway, would be good to try and do some freediving with you guys if you're planning any? Keep us posted....

Suits not arrived yet!!!!!!

Donna

Maybe we can do some shore stuff as well - personally I like the shore dive at P/K. The other thing to consider is Phil may have space on his rib if you fancy tagging on with us on a couple of the dives? But, Phil being Phil, he has no idea of itinery yet and probably won't until the day before!!!!!

Can I make one very small (well I hope it is anyway!) request for the April meet?

As I've never dived to grab a tag before, is there any chance we can have tags on the plate to grab? I don't care what depth they're at, as long as I can reach it :D Its just that when I was reading the rules about holding line and grabbing tag etc etc, it occurred to me that it maynot be as easy as it sounds and I'd like to have a go beforehand?

Please please please don't put yourselves out to accomodate my dum request - if its a problem, it doesn't matter, I'll just pretend!

Ho hum, off to parents evening now - what joy!!

Thanks guys

Donna x

Donna - it was already on the list. I want to make sure tags slide down the line ok so yes there will be some there - but we only have four spares so please don't drop it!

Sam

I'd never worry about Donna dropping things in the water at the NDC....

....not unless they're expensive and uninsured :D

Reactions: jodyfreedive
Ha ha ha!!! And just think, I'll have gloves on as well :D

Anyway, so long as I don't have them near 'that spot' on the pontoon, it'll be fine!

Donna - for real class you want to bring the tag up between your teeth...

Sam

Now there's a thought.... Probably less chance of dropping it to!!

Hello Chaps, I'm having to stay in America for longer than expected and have been really missing going to the NDC. However, I've been doing my best to keep up the training. I went ice freediving a couple of weekends ago!! And, today I went to a quarry that was about as green as the NDC. It was 5 degrees C at the surface and 4 degrees C at 15m!!! I'm looking forward to getting back into tropical Chepstow water! How warm is it there?
See you all in May, Lisa xx

We had Lisa working very hard today- on her tan.;)

She was a good sport, with the wind and cooler temps, and we had some good dives today.

Jon

Last edited:
She did fare better than Ted, who had to sun himslef like a lizard to stay warm.

I must say that my Elios suit kicked some serious butt today as I never felt a shiver. :D I never realized just how warm a custom suit could be.

Jon

Last edited:
nice pics! good that you are working hard Lisa! Team SaltFree Queenies needs to knock the socks off all the warm water girlies in Cyprus

look after her Jon!
see you in May

Sam x

Depths for April Meet

Please can you let me have your depths for the two Saturday Dives for the April meet as soon as possible (email or here)

Max depth on Saturday will be 45m - on our new rope and boom!

see you there

Sam

I'm aiming for 25m Sam - if its ok, I may amend the afternoon dive depending on how much difference that fantastic suit makes!!! and obviously how I'm feeling at the time as well....

Roll on the weekend!

Donna :)

Donna - with that new suit - make it 50m!

I reckon you'll add at least 10m...

Sam : )

Be cool if I can - but..... I'll be conservative to start with!! Give myself a bit of confidence! So 25 in the morning and then we'll see in the afternoon....

See you on Friday at some point......

Donna

will be there at lunchtime - on the 2pm RIB

fancy pub munchies friday night???

Pub sounds good.....

We're diving Friday afternoon but got no idea what time or what we're doing!!!!! Phil is a nightmare and we won't know until we get there probably!! Bet we end up on the Volnay again!

See you on the beach then - I'll give you a hand with your kit if I'm in after you - can you remember how it goes together :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT