• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

aquashot 2

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

aquadog

Jan 6, 2003
hey everyone
Iam interested in the aquashot housing for the disposable camera's but i don't have a clue about photography.I'm mainly looking to tack pictures of some of my favorate spots in about 15-20 ft. of water.
thanks
aquadog

Aquashot

Hi Aquadog,

I spent my first year of freediving photography with an Aquashot IIe. I actually first bought the model designed to be used with disposable cameras, then quickly bought the conversion so that it could be used with a low-end point-and-shoot camera. I eventually also got the closeup lens for macro as well as a slave strobe.

It was pretty good for a simple snapshot setup, but it had a lot of limitations. The version designed to work with disposable cameras only worked with a limited number of disposable models. The version that worked with the low-end point-and-shoot camera uses APS film canisters instead of 35mm film.

Eventually I (a) bought a higher-end underwater camera, and (b) sent the Aquashot back to Ikelite to upgrade it to an Auto 35 to give to my son (this uses 35mm film).

If you can get a good deal on an Aquashot it's not a bad way to get into u/w photography cheaply, but if you're at all serious about photography you might want to look at something like one of the Olympus digitals in a housing.

Attachments

• alex-snorkeling.jpg
    alex-snorkeling.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 292
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT