• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

aquatech guns?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lucky1

Feb 3, 2005
Hello all. I have been surfing and found a site that is intriguing to say the least. http://aquatech1.narod.ru/english.html
These guns and their operational principle is completely new to me. Have any of you guys seen/used/heard about them? I am really interested to hear more about their performance and anything else I can learn about them.
Cheers. Luke

There was a video of a fellow getting a HUGE tuna with one of these posted here awhile back. The mechanics are ingenious and they have a great sort of 'jules verne' retro look. I don't personally know anyone who has one but it sure seems a sound design.

Lucky i have seen Fernando Abella from Pescasub.com shoot one of these at 120atm :eek:

It can fire a 10mm shaft at speeds that are just plain ridiculous. HE managed to land a 178 kilo tuna with it and lost another tuna (nearly went right through it) which was later found dead and weighed at 318 kilos.

The gun uses a large lever to compress the water at 15kilos a pump. Once fully loaded its the water pressure that pushes the shaft.

For monster fish its a good option although getting the gun delivered from the eastern block was a pain in the backside.

Cool! Anyone know what they are worth to buy? estimates or accurate prices, I emailed the site but no reply as yet. Thanks

Give the guy a few days as he does not usually respond immediately.
I think they said the price range for a big one is between 600 to 1000$

Dont quote me as i could be wrong

Shane

Does it shoot straight enough for fish in the 5-10kg range (just for the story)?

There are 2 problems with this gun. One is lack of mass as a 2 kilo gun firing a 10mm shaft (around 1 kilo) has a hell of a recoil. The fact is that you cannot miss a 300 kilo tuna even if the gun is innacurate ;)

second is the fact that there is no air chamber around the barrel giving it bouyancy. It is VERY front heavy. Great for divebombing on pelagics but annoying if you have to sidetrack. Both these problems can be overcome wrapping the barrel in wood :D

There are a few guns in the range that can even fire 6mm shafts, and with a lot less load they can surely be used for normal species.

Although for that you can use any normal air or band gun.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT