• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Are all 20mm bands same?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Memo

Sep 1, 2003
Hi,
I've seen different manufactured 20mm euro gun bands (OMER, Cressi-sub, Beuchat) . Do they have the same performance if we assume that the lenghts are same.?

Different brands produce different 20mm bands.

Omer new Max Power 20mm have a 4mm diamter hole running through the middle making them 18mm bands really.

Picasso mega 20mm are black n amber which give the bands a bit more kick. Not good for 6mm shafts where you would prefer pure latex bands.

Cressi g20 bands are hard as nails. You can her the shaft explode out of the trigger mech. I have compared these to Picasso mega 21mm (Yellow latex) Thespped of the shaft is the same but the shot is much smoother with the yellow bands.

I have already asked Deeper blue to do a test of all the bands currently availavle on the market as there are a lot of good brands which we should be considering.

Reactions: Mr. X
So what about the performance of the cressi g20s apart from their hard to load reputation :) I found them hard as well but couldn^t have the opportunity to test :head

I always use the G20's on my 90cm Apache reef gun as you need all the power you can get when you come face to face with a grouper.

They are hard to load but the power output is well worth the effort. I am currently using Picasso 20mm black bands on my 110 gun and Metalsub 20mm on my 100.

Metalsub and cressi are quite similar but the picasso bands are a bit more stretchy and give a longer range (if you know what I mean by stretchy) The opposite of G20 HEHE

yeah I know what you're talking about, G20s are like pulling a couple of bricks to load! I hope I can test my gun in near future :) I really wonder the difference between the original 16mm Cressi and the new G20s...

I used 20mm black energy bands on my old gun. It was the same band that Black Master had. All i san say is its pain to load. Now i have power 18 bands on my 100 alluminium. They are much more easier to load and gives more speed/accuracy with 6.3mm spear. I really liked power 18 and don't think to use anything else in near future.

I've read many good things about the 18s as well, but I bought the 20mm a week ago and never had a chance to use since then. Well I guess I'll use the 20s for a season but also buy a set of 18 (both the master rubber and the secondary circular one) and try my gun for some extra long range shots :)

Man, i even don't sure if commanche mech can handle double 16mm but now you are considering double power 18:hmm

Also alluminium barell is less resistant against heavy band pressure unlike the carbon. What is your shaft 6mm or 6.5?

hi

Depends what aluminium barrel you got, a Rob allen barrel will handle much more than your standard euro gun barrel, thicker walled, bigger barrel plus the rail is built into the gun adding strength.

I have a 150cm aluminium rob allen with 2 very strong 16mm rubbers and the barrel doesnt flex.

cheers

I dont think flexing could be a prob at a gun with 110 cm barrel, but Murat you're right trigger could be a problem. Well I'm sure gun could handle 2 tight "16s and most possibly 2 18s. I'm using a 6mm shaft for my daily hunting but for the times that I'm going to use 2 18s, I've got a 6.5mm spare shaft :) also I could think about a tricut 7mm omer :) .

Comanche alu. is a cheap gun but its reliable, trust me most probably it can handle the pressure!

Originally posted by ivan
hi

Depends what aluminium barrel you got, a Rob allen barrel will handle much more than your standard euro gun barrel, thicker walled, bigger barrel plus the rail is built into the gun adding strength.

I have a 150cm aluminium rob allen with 2 very strong 16mm rubbers and the barrel doesnt flex.

cheers

Ok Ok....

I had to say except RA. But we are talking about cressi here.

Sure RA s are class but I believe my gun can handle this.... Well If not maybe I'll invest in a RA :D

no we dont have RA as far as I know, we have to order online.

I tried to order RA Saracen directly from Rob himself from SA. But after calculating duty + shipping it priced more than Riffe:waterwork

Duty charges could be eleminated if you play your cards wise in Turkey. If you make an order 45days before or after a religious or legal holiday, you dont pay a duty fee (upto 300euro). If you are interested in importing big stuff like that I can help you. (I can take it from Turkey without duty charge and send to Cyprus as a gift (with no bill inside).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT