• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Are Carp Tasty? How about Burbot?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gates

DA DA DA DA DA.......
Mar 29, 2009
Hey Dudes and Dudettes, I just wondering if Carp and Burbot are tasty or not? Never had it and I wanna try!

i don't know what the burbot is, but the carp i do...
is verry important whatyour tastes are ..
for example i like carpe, but it is not among my favorites to eat
the carp meat is sweet, but is important not to be so big
the big carpe are splitted in two type:
the wild carp...wich is not so fat and v good taste
the culture carp...wich is fat and not so tasty
on a 1 to 10 scale i will give the carp a 6 maybe 7

Burbot is a member of the gadoid family, same as cod. I think it's the only type of cod fish living in freshwater (their ancestors probably got trapped inland after tha glacial era?).
You may cook burbot in any way you'd do with cod. I love it with orange sauce in particular, but there are millions ways if you just Google cod + recipes.

the best way i like the carp is not boiled in oil...
i prefer this fish cooked on a plate of iron with a thin layer of salt on the plate
it is very good also grilled

Reactions: spaghetti
I only like carp if it's smoked, but my grandfather liked it smoked or fried.

Burbot is very good. Around here we get them mostly in the Great Lakes and a few deep inland lakes.

Jon

Gates the "carp" up here are Suckers, and they are actually very good eating, despite what the anglers say. Carp in the US can be good apparently, but they are full of bones I hear. Burbot are usually called Freshwater Ling Cod in Alberta and are excellent eating. We will go out and plug a few fo sho!

Carp is no delicatess, in my view. But it tastes decently if grilled on fire on sticks or fried.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…