• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Are you bored with freediving?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

unirdna

tropical wuss
Sep 16, 2002
....tired of the tranquility of complete silence?
....afraid you'll miss a current event while you piss away your precious time amid the mundane aquatic life?
....Spearos, looking for something to moisten the arid intermissions between shots?

Well it's finally here!!!

The manufacturers were listening, and they have answered our pleas.

Enjoy

rofl

AQUA FM is a ground-breaking product, unique in the world.

Listen to your favorite radio station while you swim! Relax to the sound of music as you enjoy a swimming pool session or when adventuring in the sea.

An ideal product for snorkeling, free diving or training in the swimming pool.

Uses two AAA or LR03, 1.5 V batteries

Features
High quality FM radio receiver
Excellent sound quality
Compact and lightweight
Easy to use
Streamlined design
Comfortable mouthpiece
Watertight to 10 meters (33 feet) of depth

Last edited:
hi

yeah no good for diving only 33ft. But good for apnea in pool.

cheers

The forgot to mention that the ocean absorbs radio waves. You'd lose all reception at around 1 or 2m.

However, I have heard of an mp3 player for scuba divers which you can take deep.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Hey guys,

It sounds like a great invention but when under 30+ feet, the radio seems like a waste of money and time.

The underwater world provides an array of spectacle for anyone to enjoy. For those that are freediving you'll need 100% complete concentration on your skills and apnea endurance (very demanding).
Spearfishermen (women too!) need complete silence and no distraction in order for 'a' fish to approach and attain a 'winning shot.'

That's my thought on this "toy".

radio is crazy

Why don't we take it one step further and incorporate a dvd player like I've seen in some vehicles. If the ocean isn't stimulating enough then find a new place to dive. The fish would probably complain at the sound of some of the gibberish they play on the radio nowadays.
Cheers,
Miguelito

Sorry international folks. I must backtrack here for a second and start by explaining that here in the States we fancy a good mocking. Perhaps my sarcasm wasn't applied thick enough to permeate our cultural or linguistic barriers :D :hmm. I fear that Bindlestich was the only one to pick up on it (must be a midwest thing).

Rest assured....I was being sardonic. The only waves I appreciate are the ones in the water. :D

Cheers.

Ted

We British Invented Sarcasm

Don't worry - there were more that spotted it! We just didn't reply because it wasn't necessary to discuss it, since it is such a joke!

:t

This looks like it was invented by people who still believe in snorkelling - i.e. never leaving the surface

Reactions: unirdna
hi Ben

Yeah we Aussies invented F*#$ all to my knowlege. Maybe seeing who can get the most pissed at the cricket then run out on the field naked and see how long you can last till the cops get ya. :D

cheers

Reactions: unirdna
I think this subject has been overdone now!

We all gave our opinion's on the matter and some have given some reasonable answers.
Guys, let's move on to another topic.

Sharks would Love these Things

Great White Sharks have something called the Ampullae of Lorenzini, extra sensors on their big snouts that biologists believe are highly tuned into electrical wavelengths. Sharks can sense the electricity generated by a fish or seal's muscles from great distances.

I freedive and surf in the Red Triangle and would not wear one of these things in the water if you paid me. They key is to keep a low profile around here, not to advertise your presence with a bunch of erratic electrical pulses. The thing probably sounds just like an injured tuna or something.

True!! You need to be totally 'silent', hence the term-"silent hunter."
Any electrical sound waves will only cause and promote attention to yourself. You don't need any type of shark travelling from a far distance to come up and inspect a 'disturbance' in his realm of the abyss.

"We like to play in the ocean, but not to make waves.";)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT