• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Armageddon days are here (again)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Those frogs haven't been eating beans have they? You would think they could just fart and release the gas from their intestines. I wonder what that would sound and smell like?!!! Old swamp gas!!!

Reactions: island_sands
Well now I have something more explosive to blame my OWN...um....expulsions. I can finally stop eluding to the old "barking spider" and confidently support my "exploding toad" scapegoat excuse.

As for the cause of these exploding amphibians?

I, for one, blame local "vegetation".....they're enough to give anyone fatal amounts of intestinal distress...

Attachments

• corntails.jpg
    corntails.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 149
But how do they affect the variables in weight differential between male and female frogs? Negatively?

Don't you dare spread that "Question Time" Radon-induced befuddlement in here, Sarge! ha-ha-ha...Not unless you like malaise on your corndogs instead of mustard.

For those of you who haven't seen one of the wierdest threads of all times....

[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=60706"]http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=60706[/ame]

Reactions: Oldsarge
Dallas Diver
You are a genius. If they can find out what is making those toads explode and feed it to the cane toads. We can get rid of them.

They're not Iraqi Toad Suicide Bombers are they?

Toad Bombers? :hmm They are just waiting for one of those scientist to pick one of them up and... BANG!!!! Off comes a hand!!! :blackeye An Iraqi suicide hand popper/mine toad :hmm :D :D :D

Poida said:
Dallas Diver
You are a genius. If they can find out what is making those toads explode and feed it to the cane toads. We can get rid of them.

They're not Iraqi Toad Suicide Bombers are they?

Actually, the scientists over here have finally found out what is happening and it isn't what the toads are being fed as much as it is what is eating them!

Turns out that some a bunch of crows have invaded the area and they love to eat Toad Livers (seriously! This was on the news!) so they grab a toad, peck it in a certain place and eat the liver out of it. Well, it takes a while (at least hours or even days) for the toads to die and since one of their "self-defense mechanisms" is to puff up (like a puffer fish) they do that whenever they feel threatened. BUT, since there is now a large hole between the abdominal cavity and the lung cavity, the air gets pushed into the stomach area where it gets trapped. They just keep on puffing and then <pop> their guts and all come shooting out of the injury hole made by the crows and you have "Toadus Explodus!"

Don't ya just love them on a party platter with those little toothpicks in them. The frog liver pat'e is great as well.

bdurrett said:
Well, it takes a while (at least hours or even days) for the toads to die and since one of their "self-defense mechanisms" is to puff up (like a puffer fish) they do that whenever they feel threatened. BUT, since there is now a large hole between the abdominal cavity and the lung cavity, the air gets pushed into the stomach area where it gets trapped. They just keep on puffing and then <pop> their guts and all come shooting out of the injury hole made by the crows and you have "Toadus Explodus!"
More on toads bursting...

http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=60688&page=3

Overpacking is definitely not a good idea! :D

Lucia

Reactions: sinkweight
I'll take the Crunchy Frog, from the Whizzo Chocolate Company.

They use only the finest baby frogs, dew-picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in the finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and sealed in a succulent, Swiss, quintuple-smooth, treble-milk chocolate envelope, and lovingly frosted with glucose.

This is for all the Monty Python fans out there.

Last edited:
rofl I rather take the ram’s bladder, they use the choicest juicy chunks of fresh Cornish ram’s bladder, emptied, steamed, flavoured with sesame seeds whipped into a fondue and garnished with lark’s vomit.

If I was on the noble prize comity I'de given one for world peace or math or something to the Monty Python crew.

Here are two (holywood bowl and tv show) versions of this sketch for all who may be interested:
http://www.geocities.com/fang_club/crunchy_frog.html
http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Scripts/TheCrunchyFrogSketch

An old trick in Australia to annoy cane toads a bit is to put a lit cigarette in its mouth the toads cant spit anything out so it swallows it and you can imagin what happens next

mmmmmm smoked toad

Crusty

"You may give a toad a wart but a toad may not give a wart to you... ahhh, Benjamin, while the wee wife's away, a few words on the subject of oninism: in this house we don't m******te, it's not a very pleasant thing to do. Can you imagine if young Chloe or Radcliffe were to come bounding down the stairs only to find you hunched double, pumping your fist? So if you could rein in those baser urges while you're staying with us Benjamin. Hmm?"

Harvey "Toadface" Denton

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: naiad
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT