• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Arniston this weekend

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nutt

Oct 3, 2016
Hi Guys

Anyone know what the water looks like in Arniston? I'm off there this weekend to go jump off the bricks and have a bit of a swim around, see if a can put a bit of a seafood platter together.

Nutt

Howzit Nutt,

I was also planning on going through to Arniston for a dive but a local spearo informed me that conditions are currently not great. The westerly wind predicted may however clear things up a bit towards the end of the weekend and with the small swell predicted you may be able to get in a shorey.

Howzit Nutt,

I was also planning on going through to Arniston for a dive but a local spearo informed me that conditions are currently not great. The westerly wind predicted may however clear things up a bit towards the end of the weekend and with the small swell predicted you may be able to get in a shorey.

Hey Landshark

Thanks for the advice, and the water was not great, I took a swim out to Roman Rock and couldn't see the tip of my spear, having a general rule of keeping all the percentages in my favour, especially when diving alone. I returned to the beach. The water did clean up a little by Sunday morning and I'm guessing that today its perfect. If you are keen to hook up and drive out to the more exotic spots send me a PM i try and get to one at least once a month.

Cheers

Nutt

At least you got in and had a look-see. Next time (if you have 4x4) it may be worth going down to the Lighthouse and diving Saxon reef. When the westerly blows it usually stars cleaning up from that side and I've already heard of a couple of Cracker coming out so you could have good chance of running into some.

After I got the viz report of Arniston, I was planning on heading out to Cape Point but got side tracked by the kids, which is a shame as I got reports of very good Yellowfin Tuna and Yellowtail action just a couple of miles off Bellows Rock...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT