• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

asiago encrusted lingcod with beurre blanc

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

liberte

Feb 21, 2008
you need:
a lingcod, fillets
1/2 a lime
1 shallot, minced
100 ml white wine
100 g unsalted butter
fresh basil, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1.5 cups of grated asiago. i used asiago mixed with parm
salt pepper
grapeseed oil
1 tbsp white vinegar

to make the sauce mix the shallot wine and vinegar in a sauce pan, reduce until the liquid is almost gone

add butter on low heat, whisk, don't let it boil, when all the butter is melted add the lime juice. don't add the basil until the fish is ready, put sauce aside.

dip fish in eggs, then in cheese. have the grapeseed oil pretty hot in a pan, fry the fillets until golden.

heat sauce up a little if it has cooled and top the fish with it.
i added some capers too.
really good.

Reactions: Mr. X and agbiv
:pSounds yummy. We don't get a lot of ling cod here (& OMD tells me our ling cod is a different fish to yours) but I reckon that recipe would work well with a lot of white fish, may cod, haddock, coley, pollack. Coley is fish trawler men moan about on TV, its less than half the price of cod & haddock - I expect pollock is too. I bought some Coley last week (yes it is much cheaper) to see what it tastes like. I'll probably cook it in batter - although a white wine sauce sounds pretty good too. Is asiago a type of cheese?

Our Lingcod many times has a beautiful blue/green tint to their flesh.

Great recipe. I'm going to try it out. Thanks.

I get Asiago cheese from Trader Joes.

This type of asiago is softer and sharper than parmesan and more pungent, but less pungent than romano. It is my favorite grated cheese over pastas. I think many kids like it more too.

cmburch,
I work in vallejo and dive north and south of SF, we should go diving.
i have only gotten one ling that was in its blue form. i know that they go back and forth, any idea why?
i got this recipe off of a canadian website. have you ever seen pics of the lings they catch offshore here and in alaska and canada? they are huge

OMG that sounds fantastic. Ling is my favourite!

If you use cream and simmer it until it doubles and then add the butter it gives the buerre blanc sauce a little more texture and keeps it from separating. You could also add capers as a finishing touch!

THis is an awesome recipe that will make just about any fish taste like a dream. I do the same thing with parmesan... shhhh... dont tell the Italians!:blackeye

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT