• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mjhiggs16

Apr 12, 2019
Hey guys new to spear fishing and trying to buy all my gear. A little about my self and what I am planning for. I live in Colorado from Southern California grew up in Oceanside as a kid. I have my first trip to spearfish this June to Crete Greece. I plan on doing some shore diving on the rocks unless I find someone out there willing to go out with me. I’m very active full of hobbies and a past surfer so I’m comfortable in the ocean and pretty good at holding my breath and have done a little bit of scuba diving. I already ordered some fiberglass fins. Float 3ml dive suit gloves socks . Anyways I’m onto picking out a gun and want opinions on what I am looking at and what you think between them. I’m open to other Ideas as well hoping that someone might give me some advice i didn’t already think about. I want to be able to do as much as I can with one gun. I also was thinking that t might be good to get a gun that already has a reel. I am looking at high end aluminum guns because I’m trying to find the best I can find under 250$ with everything I should need out the door. I am also looking at size and what would allow me to do a littlebit of everything. On eBay i have found what looks to be the best priced options and what seems to be good quality i I want to see what you all think about them.
Please tell me if I’m missing something here. I don’t see any guns in comparison with these with all steel trigger or dyneema wishbone. I am one to like the parts all functioning like they should and not have to waist my time spending a bunch of money making the gun what it needs to be. Sorry for the rant and I hope you get where I am coming from. I’m willing to spend 50$ more for something if I am much better in the long run. Please post any other guns I should be looking at. Thank you for all your help and look forward to your feedback!

In that price range, look into a Pathos or a Mako. Not sure where you will be diving in the future, but clear waters like greece, go for something longer... like a 120cm... I have many guns but one of my favorite is my Omer Cayman ET 130cm. I got it from a member on a forum. It was new. 300$... A lot of members were bashing this gun. I think it's great with proper bands.. Good luck !

I want to be able to do as much as I can with one gun. I also was thinking that t might be good to get a gun that already has a reel. I am looking at high end aluminum guns because I’m trying to find the best I can find under 250$ with everything I should need out the door. I am also looking at size and what would allow me to do a littlebit of everything.

Hi ! for Mediterranean sea universal gun is exactly 90 Sm 1..2 bands gun . but for ocean ? i can not say .. but i guess is no universal gun for ocean exist

i myself prefer to choose short pneumatic gun 40-50 sm for close rock hunting and 110-130 mm classical rubber gun with 2 (3 like options) bands for open water

u can buy two second hand guns, it will work fine if u change the rubber for new,
in this case 250$ should be enough , and i wud recommend European mass produced guns like Omer or Salvimar

regarding to full steel trigger .. don't worry partly it can me plastic, and dayneema wishbone you can set up on you own on any rubber gun.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT