• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BeeAnchor

Jul 10, 2020
Hello from South Africa. I am recently qualified Padi Divemaster looking for opportunities to be apart of marine research and scientific diving. If anyone can tell me where diving is starting to open up and research is being done, or any other information on that topic.
Thanks

Reactions: Mr. X
You might want to ask Rob Allen. As well as being the manufacturer of some of the finest spearfishing equipment in the world, he is a member of this forum. I believe he used to be involved in marine or coastal conservation - probably around Durban, Natal, ZA - which I think is how he got into spearfishing.

An old climbing pal now lectures on Oceanography at a well known British university. I might be able to put you in touch if that would be of any help?

Reactions: BeeAnchor
Thanks so much for your reply. I'll definitely send Rob Allen a message.
It would be so great if you could put me in contactwith your pal. Thanks again.

I've posted you contact details via this forum's private Conversation mechanism. He actually works for a marine ecology research organization rather than the Uni. Good luck ;)

Actually, I know another guy, a former colleague and friend, who works for some kind of marine research place in Dartmouth, MA, USA I think. I'll see if I find his contact info. if you want?

I have a feeling RA might be all you need to get started though ;)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT