• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

August spearfishing trip in Islamorada Fl., need advice please!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

athome_N_water

Jan 14, 2012
hi everybody, im planning a trip to Islamorada in august with my family, i am hopeing to go on my first spearfishing trip ever while down there and i have several questions, any advice from people would really help. i haven't had experience diving or snorkeling since i was a kid but ive been a competition swimmer my entire life, am very comfortable in the water, and can dive 20ft with little effort. so firstly does anybody know any good reefs around islamorada that are around 20-30 ft that may have some fish on them, im comfortable at that depth and dont want to push it on my first trip,

and more importantly does anybody know any charters that will take a newbie out for some spearfishing/lobstering, and if they could include line fishing then my whole family could enjoy being on the water? im hopeing to dive several days while down there so i cant exactly spend 600 dollars a dive, im paying my own way through college so if anybody has some advise on making this trip economicaly feasible it would be great, i dont want to have to be a millionaire to enjoy the ocean

secondly i chose august because its the start of lobster season, if anybody has done diving around the keys at that time of year could you tell me what the vis is like, and if the spearfishing/lobstering is better, worse, or about the same as other times of the year

and lastly, i lived on the gulf as a kid but have never been to the keys, so can anybody tell me what its like down there, nice places to go and things to do beyond the tourist stuff i find on the net, thanks for any help you guys give.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT