• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

August's Caption Contest!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
This month's photo is proof positive that sometimes, being a spearo bites. rofl

Shadowkiller kindly sent me this one of his mate in full retreat from the jaws of a six spine. :blackeye

Same deal as before- come up with and submit the funniest caption for the photo and you'll stroll around replete with a DB T shirt or a DB coffee mug. :cool:

Contest ends the end of the month and we're a few days in already so get busy and ferchrissakes mind the jewels. :crutch

Last edited:
You don't look anything like your picture on the mail-order bride website!! Oh well, pucker up darling it's our honeymoon.

I have no idea what I'm looking it. Seriously, that's not a caption, what is this piece of... colours? :)

So that's how a blowfish looks like!

Now really, is this some kind of pretty triggerfish looking for a the rest of the gun?

Last edited:
DeepThought said:
I have no idea what I'm looking it. Seriously, that's not a caption, what is this piece of... colours? :)

Six-spine Leatherjacket (Meuschenia freycineti
Named for the six-spines on each side of the wrist of the tail.

Very pretty, very tasty.
http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/mfreycinet.htm

The leatherjackets rely on camoflage, and have this innate belief a diver cant see them... Pete grabbed it by hand, it swung around and WAM!

I simple refer to it as the George Maickerel incident... :D

Reactions: DeepThought
The lower picture on the fact sheet looks a little familier. Do leatherjackets sometime hover vertically (head down if I remember correct) near structures?

Some species do. Tropical species especially.

My caption would be:

Soft-plastics strike again

:) Funny if you fish using the new lures...
But as I supplied the pic, I'll withdraw from the contest for the ultimate prize in freediving. :martial

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT