• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Back from redondo beach CA

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rstyh00k

Aug 28, 2010
Finally! ok, so i went out today 6am to redondo beach in socal and decided to dive alone from the break wall. At first i thought it would suck, but it was actually good, the visibility was 15feet, I took out my jbl polespear with double bands ;) i saw alot of perch and i mean alot! I didn't want to shoot it cause, i wasn't going to eat it. I saw 1 huge sand bass, but from like 10feet distance it swam away fast. Dad didn't let me take out my riffe 2xs, cause he's like you're going to be going alone for first time, start off step by step. I found a lost lobster trap, and an anchor. So overall 1-10 i gave this dive a 6 1/2

hey good post man! im a socal/LA guy so reading about local places is always fun. if youre looking for a spearing buddy let me know. im actually brand new to this whole speardiving thing but it looks awesome. im thinking abotu purchasing a polespear but im not sure where to start. any suggestions?

Last edited:
Yah man i agree!, uhm start with a pole spear, its better cause you will learn how to stalk on a fish. After using a JBL pole spear i now have the gun and finally use the gun. And yeah, im down to dive with you. We can't dive redondo, unless we are outside of harbor and its alwayz bad there. But i know we can go to Palos verdes, havn't gone there before but know the spot.

Finally! ok, so i went out today 6am to redondo beach in socal and decided to dive alone from the break wall. At first i thought it would suck, but it was actually good, the visibility was 15feet, I took out my jbl polespear with double bands ;) i saw alot of perch and i mean alot! I didn't want to shoot it cause, i wasn't going to eat it. I saw 1 huge sand bass, but from like 10feet distance it swam away fast. Dad didn't let me take out my riffe 2xs, cause he's like you're going to be going alone for first time, start off step by step. I found a lost lobster trap, and an anchor. So overall 1-10 i gave this dive a 6 1/2

sounds like a fun dive :chatup glad to hear about your outing rusty hook. please take bando up on his offer to dive together because spearing/diving with a buddy isn't just safer it's always more fun!

cheers,

kp

Reactions: Don Paul
Thanks ma man, and yea your right its safer and much more fun!
Posted via Mobile Device

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT