• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Backpacking south east asia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

silentblue

May 30, 2010
This year I will take my sabbatical and I will spend some months backpacking in south east asia. Of course I will take my freediving gear with me :)

My journey will start end of January in Bangkok and will end in mid of June in Singapore. I plan to visit Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia (Bali). There is no fixed schedule yet, but at the moment I plan to visit Thailand for at least two months.

After Bangkok I maybe do a short stopover at Pattaya and trying some spearfishing for the first time. Afterwards I will travel south via Koh Tao (I will do a SCUBA certification there) and the Krabi region.

Thats my plan for now. I would like to meet some other freedivers and maybe some is around there too. So drop me a line and share some dives.

I will keep you up-to-date.

If you would like to know a bit more about me, have a look at this introduction thread:
http://forums.deeperblue.com/introductions-greets/96828-hello-berlin-germany.html
and
silentblueDE - YouTube

Well, I'm currently staying in Pattaya.
Although I contacted the dive school beforehand they now have some problems providing the spearfishing course :( They do it on scuba but not really freediving. But thats the real thing! :ycard Hmm...

Anyway I had two nice weeks in Bangkok and thanks to BKK Loma freedivers a short training session in their pool and a nice day trip excursion to Ko Sichang. Thank you guys to let me be part of it :)

I'm now staying on Koh Tao, Tanote Bay. Beautiful place and many nice spots. There is even a small wreck at -18m. But everyone seems to be on scuba here :(

Nobody around?

Hi silentblue,
Really sounds like an epic trip you're on, I am very envious! I hope you find a buddy, it would be a shame to miss out on any diving in such a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing, I'd love to see some pics of your travels. Until then,
Good luck and dive safe!

Hmm, finding some buddies seems to be the most difficult part of the fun ... well, if you are able to dive. I had bad luck for a long time regarding this. I got multiple ear and sinus infections. And to have a little bit more fun a light ear squeeze. Weired.

In the meantime I had a stop over at Ko Lanta and did a new personal best of -32m with blueplanetdivers.

At the moment I'm on Bali - Tulamben and was out on the USAT Liberty wreck with apneaBali today. Anybody else around?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT