• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bali Freedivers and Spearos Unite!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

trevchee

Sep 13, 2009
I've been looking all over for freedivers and spearos in Bali, where have you been?! I just got back from an amazing month long spearing trip in Sulawesi, Ambon and the Bandas. Incredible variety of fish in HUGE numbers and sizes over there. I need to get back in the waters!!

Been browsing through the threads and seems like there are a handful of us here on the Island of the Gods.

I heard of a great spot in Amed just beyond Jemluk bay near gili selang...fast currents so big fish!

I live in kuta, let's go dive sometime. e-mail, sms or add to Facebook (trevor chee-a-tow)
balizumba@gmail.com

Sumpai Jumpa
T

Hi Trevor,

Gosh I didn't notice this thread until just now, have been caught up a bit to check the forum.

Haven't been in the waters for weeks now and dying to get back in if the weather lets me.

Are you back in Bali already? When r u planning to head up to Amed?

-Dini-

I"m still in Bali for sure...just added you to FB lets chat there! get into the waters!!!

Used to be a good spot.. before people started posting about it on an open forum.. now it's fished out. I had an interesting encounter with a 6mtr Hammerhead there a few years ago... I'm not kidding or exagerating.

Hey there, I am in Indonesia right now and will also spent some time in Bali. But, my ultimate goal is to go freediving the gilis (air or trawangan probably). I have seen there is a freediving school on trawangan. Do you have any experience with them? Do they still exist? I need to find a buddy there :)

Hi there, I took a freediving course recently at Gili Trawangan. The school is still there, added a Yoga place to it now. You can contact Mike Board who owns the school. Great guy and plenty of help.
Happy diving :)

-Dini-

Salam Kenal. :)

I live in Jogja and still doing my FD on the pool.
Looking forward to try it on the ocean.

I have a plan to go to Karimun Jawa this July.

Have you ever been there? Could you give me any advice about the nice place to FD in Karjaw?

Thanks alot. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT