• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bali

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Golfinho

NoFundo DoMar TemDinhiero
Aug 31, 2004
Any freedivers here at present in Bali or with knowledge of the area....

Looking to find some secluded peaceful freediving spots, I hear the south east is the place to check....

I'll be there in a 2 weeks time for a while....

Also anyone who knows the good spots for bodysurfing, cheers Golfinho

Here in Bali now so if any other Freedivers are around on this forum currently on the island, let me know.

Cheers.... Golfinho.

Hi lucky man,

I've been there 2 years ago and I thinks you can find some real good freediving there.
You can buy a good book : the lonely planet: diving and snorkeling in bali/lombok for 12 $ on amazon

There's the best spot:

in the north:
pulau mejangan it's a natural park, you can only go there by boat(20 min) for max 4 hours
the underwater cliff( from 1m to 35m) is crazy, some cave, gorgona, white tip shark if you're lucky..... I paid 20 euros for the trip with dolfin watching in the morning from lovina, bus, boat, meal...you should try it

all the other spot are free

Tulamben and the liberty wreck:
easy to find it goes from 2-3 m to 30 m==> wonderfull for freediving!!!!
big fishes, clown fishes, swim in the wreck
but go there early in the morning or in the end of the afternoon, avoiding the scuba divers...

there also many spots around tulamben but unfornunatly I cannot try (look in the book!!)

Amed, wonderfull place to stay, nice corals....should try!!!

the south east

PADANGBAI :friday :
cheap hotel, nice athmosphere, nice music, young indonesian people, good coral, big fishes, snake, shark, barracuda....
It's one of the best place to stay in Bali in my opinion
If you have a waterproof bag (if buy it!!!) you can go to blue bay 15 min of walking, put all your stuff in the bag join it to a spearfisher buoy...and then you're autonom!! and then swim back to the bay of padangbay ( 1,5 km), sometimes there is a little drift so stay close to the seaside.

Her I've seen a 2m shark in 50cm of water, a 2.5m barracuda at 5m from the padangbai beach, the viz is not exeptionnal 10-15 m maybe more sometimes

from padangbai you can have a trip to the gili island (super place, liittle paradise on earth) on lombok, if you have enough time (min 3 d), ther you can see turtle mantas, sharks, the coral is not exeptionnal.

Nusa Lembongan (island in the south, boat from padangbai or sanur)
You should go ther for freediving AND surfing
the hostel are more expensive (4 or 5€!!!!), a lot of surfer,
Here you can surf almost all the year!!

you can try a drift freediving with your waterproof bag from mushroom bay to your hotel it takes 2h (2km) with the drift helping you, you can go between the surfers if you want (!!coral surfing, be carefull!!)

I hope you'll enjoy those spots, it's the one I mostly enjoy!!!
Have a look in the book it's well done and not expensive, the lonely planet guide is nice to find hostels

in 2004 3 weeks cost me 300€ with a trip from jakarta to bali to lombok and gili then bali then fly to jakarta
restaurant 2€, room for 2 = 3€...incredible!!

You can send me a mail if you want some more informations....

Adrien from france

ps sorry for my english!!

Reactions: Golfinho
Merci beucoup Adrien,

Thanks for taking the time to point out those cool spots for me and future readers. Am not so far from Padangbai so will check that one out for sure, Palau Mejangan sounds like a cool spot too!!! Cheers and I hope you get some good spring freedving in on the south coast of France very soon.

Keep in touch. Ciao! Golfinho....

FAntastiK !! I am on my way to Bali and the Asian area. Will stay at will..
Would you say one can find a job easy as a freelance guide over there ?
(scuba)

Menjangan Island is so very beautiful. It is on the northwest part of the island; part of the West Bali National Park.

You can dive there; just say you want to go to Menjangan Island. You may easily find someone to drive you there.

The drive up the western coast (if you are coming from the south) is also breathtakingly beautiful.

Anyone right now in BAli ?? I am now in the north for a bit of scuba.
I am looking for a scuba / freediving budy.

hey !! I recognise you, it`s you !

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT