• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Band Equivalency???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SknDvr12

Jun 17, 2006
Planning to switch a single rubber to two smaller rubbers. right now i have a 20 mm euro band and i am wondering if two black 9/16 bands would be stonger, weaker or equal?
And what is the most bands your can use on a 7mm shaft, assuming the trigger can handle?

rofl Just had the piss taken out of me for answering this very question elsewhere rofl
Dude the power of the bands is proportional to the effective crossectional area. so the 20 will be Pi x 10^2 ~ 314mm^2 and the 2 9/16 will be 2(Pi x 7^2) ~ 308mm^2
So not a lot in it (and no I didnt take into account of the hole in the rubber rofl) Man dont make me post the video :rcard

Hiya

Pastor, PLEASE NO VIDEO!!!! :D:D Don't think i can hadle it a second time!!

Pastor has formulae for pretty much all of the above scenario's, taking a multitude of variables into account, right down to the colour of socks your wearing!!! Feel free to ask him to share his knowledge!! :D:D

And what is the most bands your can use on a 7mm shaft, assuming the trigger can handle?
2x16mm's (5/8") are about the most load you can SAFELY put on most euro type guns mechanism's. Some mechanism's do handle more power, but no manufacturer of euro type guns will warranty anything more than 2x16mm's (5/8") .

Regards
miles

Last edited:
When I was a kid we all had air rifles. We spent ages messing about with bigger springs etc trying to get more power. The general conclusion of most of these experiments was that air rifles were mostly sold with just about an optimum size spring for their trigger and to remain accurate.

The only way to hit more rabbits was to spend more time in the field and less time in the shed.

I wonder if this knowledge translates to spearfishing?

I guess it does, in which case buy a bigger gun if necessary and spend as much time as you can in the water! :)

Reactions: Pastor
miles said:
Pastor, PLEASE NO VIDEO!!!! :D:D Don't think i can hadle it a second time!!
Hmmmm An opportunity to hold the board to ransom me thinks rofl
Mr Whelan sir! That'll be $100,000 in used notes by noon today or the forum gets it rofl
Man, power at last!

Spiderman said:
The only way to hit more rabbits was to spend more time in the field and less time in the shed.
Now there's a quote that should be pasted all over this forum (and every other forum rofl) :king

marginatus said:
i think i'll try it... can you please post the video link?
You have no idea what the video is about, it might even give you nightmares, it has me! Dude I'm a quivering wreck after seeing it, are you sure?

Actually I'm feeling pretty nasty today and as Papa smurf didnt come up with the cash I'll post the link here rofl
Dont mess with us rofl

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT