• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Barrel Flex !!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
2nd one

Attachments

• tn_5.jpg
    tn_5.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 377
Last edited by a moderator:
last one

Attachments

• tn_6.jpg
    tn_6.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 367
Very interesting.
How long have you been using that gun?
Alumnium in my understanding may suffer from use ( fatigue ) and I'm wondering how much that would actually change the barrel flex. I could try to take similar picture with bran new t20 alu, but ofcourse that will not be directly comparable to your cressi barrel and cressi slings.

Tuomo

Hey memo, stay away from T20 handle and you will be fine for sure. If i had the another 75cm gun i can send it trash by no doubt. This trigger mech really stucks sometimes. On the other hand if excalibur handle is similar to the alluminium handle it should be the way to go. First i bought the T20 i thought that it may be single unit defective by factory but after, i heard from some more people complaining about same thing.

Memo at last i can takae a picture of my gun

Attachments

• tn_greatgooglymoogly.jpg
    tn_greatgooglymoogly.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 394
Memo another view,if you want there are closer looks as well.
Murat I have heard a T20 problem due to sand and it have been resolved,there is not too much difference between T20 and excalibur I think..

Attachments

• tüfek+palet.jpg
    tüfek+palet.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 429
Nice Gun aydyn!!!!

Looks a lot like the Pelagos as you said. Did you make ot yourself?

My friend Levent Gozen made the gun Shaneshac,total wood part is 104 cm,the length from the sling hole to the second notch is100 cm,the wood barrel is made of 5 pieces of laminated teak and mahogany.
Memo its another view

Attachments

• tn_bandwith.jpg
    tn_bandwith.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 373
Hello Murat, I beg your pardon you are right,there havebeen a little problems with T20 (And T20's part are same with MB,and T20 's parts are different from the excalibur),Levent sad that with a little modification (dili tutan pim bütün kabzalarda yerine oturmamýþ,bu yüzden pim oturtulunca tetik düþerken oluþan ikili hareket,yani takýlma tamamen kayboluyormuþ),excuse me for my English ,I think Memo or Murat can translate it to the forum..
Aydýn

Memo its another view from the top,

Attachments

• tn_omg.jpg
    tn_omg.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 362
Sorry for the huge picture folks,I think I will learn to post acceptable size soon:duh
Aydýn

Bobby,

You will need more than the rubbers your muzzle can ever handle to flex the Riffe MT series aluminum barrel, also the fact that the muzzle load is mid center of the barrel......good luck... :D Do post a photo please, it will be good for our learning.

Thud,
Laminated "teak" wood is very strong but the Riffe Metal Tech series have serious barel strength and thickness....ha ha ha..:eek:, it doesn't sink with shaft out for no reason.

Aydýn,
Rubber position in respect to the muzzle position should play a part in barrel flexing, even though a bit. For every centimeter a load is moved, you must take loading x distance into consideration. It's the crow bar effect.

Great Post Memo...........your are the man !!!!

IYA

Thanks for the compliments Iya :)

Well I want that gun Aydýn :D but with a little modification, I think I would prefer 2 steel pins to wrap the shooting line over the spearshaft instead of that U shaped steel pin. I really liked the shape of the gun and I'm waiting for information that you will take from Levent.

Murat I think the trigger mech. of excalibur and aluminum are similar as they both state "frictionless release" quote.

Tuomo, I bought the gun last year and it has done less than 100 dive days. (less than 30 dive days with 20mm G20 rubber)

Aydýn I like your fins too :) what make are they?

(dili tutan pim bütün kabzalarda yerine oturmamýþ,bu yüzden pim oturtulunca tetik düþerken oluþan ikili hareket,yani takýlma tamamen kayboluyormuþ)

The pin that holds the spearlock was not mounted properly by factory and after you fix it, the double action movement of the trigger during the shot is said to be cured forever

Memo,
Thanks for the translation ,you have explained it totally.My fins are Waterway,I have Omer miil.comp. ,they were too stiff,and I have changed them,Waterway so effective,I am very glad.
Iya,
Of course you are right,it also have a little effect.

Reactions: Murat
Aydýn,

How problem resolved? I removed the safety but stil have problems problem is not only the sand but trigger itself is bad....

BTW did you asked the price of the gun? How much you paid for yours?

The gun looks a bit like the Dapiran Jedi.

Do you not prefer the Beuchat Mundial handle instead of the Omer? Apparently the Beuchat can hold quite a bit of power!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT