• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Barrel Flex !!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Sorry Aydýn i did not saw the posts in 3rd page.

When first i felt the problem about the trigger mech i give it to the shop owner (friend and diving buddy) and opened the mech. He also said there is problem with pin. He tried to replace the trigger with MB series "red" trigger but couldn't so i belive they are not using the same parts. He used hammer as i remmember to fix the pin. It was very good for the first few days but for now its not that good. I am thinking of what i can do, anyway thats why i am saying to memo to stay away from T20. Anyway, i liked your gun too. How old is it? Seems bit frazzle. Do you apply any maintenance with oils or so?

Hey memo, I guess that those fins are same with matrix fins. Fuzz wrote nice rewiev about them bit ago. As i know those fins sell by an Turkey Totem dealer Kemal Yayöz in Ýzmir for 395 euro, Pricey isn't it?:D

Shaca,thanks for advice of Beuchat Mundial handle,There is no dealer of Beuchat in Ýzmir but I will keep it in mind.But for the summer I am planning to have a new 120 cm. totally wood gun like yours esp. for dentex.
Murat, my friends problem resolved after fixing the pin ,but you are very right after such an experience and now I will also stay away from T20.Because of this I love this forum..
You are right also because I am not so familiar with my new digital camera,I have took that picture full 4 megapix...And my gun is 7 months old but I have used it esp. in summer on heavy duty(under rocks,caves,etc),, shame on me that I must do the mainteniance with my maintanience kit,but I'm a lazy man..

Murat,
You are totally right,that guy sells them too much pricey XX1 another brand but same fin.
I have just bought it 120 euros from my friend..

395euro! too much money, I can get C4 blades and spora pockets for that money. :)

Originally posted by shaneshac
The gun looks a bit like the Dapiran Jedi.

Do you not prefer the Beuchat Mundial handle instead of the Omer? Apparently the Beuchat can hold quite a bit of power!!!

Dude I have checked out the mundial handle and I dont like it. Why?? just because It is too brutish for my taste... or not ergonomic for me...

Aydýn zýpkýnýn üstted çekilmiþ fotoðraflarýnýda yollarmýsýn. Duvara dayanmýþ pozisyonda, daha önceki pozun üstten çekilmiþ hali. Ayrýca zýpkýnýn hafiflik, denge, sesizlik durumu nasýl? Ve kaça aldýn? Belki zýpkýnýmý satýnca bende birtane alýrým.

You are right Memo,but you cant get C4 to 120 euros,and you can fall it a hundred times but C4 Just one and last time.

Murat þu an evdeyim ancak fotolarý muayenehanedeki bilgisayardan post edebilirim..

find me one for 120euro and I will buy it soon as well :D, I have picasso black teams and I'm happy with them. They are very comfortable for long surface swim and performs well upto 20m. I didnt test them in some deeper diving but I think they are not stiff as many people quote.

Hi everyone, Mark Laboccetta from Technosport OMER USA in Virginia Beach here.

I read your concerns about the new version of the T-20 mechanisms in this forum. You are right, there is a problem and here is the solution.

Symptoms:

1.The trigger doesn't call back to the forward position after it's fired or spear shaft disengaged.
2.there is a lot of play in the mechanism when the shaft is engaged but not loaded.

Outcome:
Although these problems don't compromise safety of the trigger mechanism they are aggravating and make it annoying when loading the gun. The diver tries to engage the shaft and the trigger mechanism not being in the forward position doesn't engage the shaft.

Solution:
Knock the stainless steel pins in the handle out and remove the mechanism. The three part trigger mechanism is made up of trigger, stainless steel cold forged sear, trigger block and spring and joint piece. The trigger block behind the sear needs to be replaced with the new one from factory. Outside USA contact Omer directly at infotech@omersub.it or here in the USA mark@omerdiving.com or your local Omer dealer (easiest).

The slight change in angle in the new trigger mech block between from the old MB/T20 handle and the new one (if I manage to attach this picture) causes this small problem. The trigger mechanism is still the strongest of any European speargun that I'm aware of and with the replacement it will work like a charm. Personally, independent of what Omer reccomends, I've loaded up to 500lbs of pressure on this mechanism without experiencing any problems over several years of use on a gun with three 66Kg 18mm Power bands. That's obviously not what it was intended for but just to give you an idea that it's a strong trigger mechanism.

Mark Laboccetta
Technosport Omer USA VP

Omer New/Old T-20 mechanism

The new grey T-20 mechanism and the old MB/T-20 mechanism are almost identical except a small change in angle in the trigger mechanism box behind the trigger where the sear engages.
t20.html

If this doesn't work could someone teach this dummy how to insert a picture in the body of the post:D

Mark

The link works fine. I would be more than happy to link pictures, but not sure which ones you wanted :confused:

Murat ,seen from the bottom

Attachments

• tn_ackresize.jpg
    tn_ackresize.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 441
Last edited by a moderator:
And the last photo,too much bored from me..

Attachments

• tn_resizzzzzzzzzzzze.jpg
    tn_resizzzzzzzzzzzze.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 435
Last edited by a moderator:
Aydýn, thank you very much for the photos, you made my mind to get one of these beauties ;)

Aydyn & Memo, I resized all your pictures, but in the future - please download this free easy program & use it :( *Memo, your pictures were small, but for some reason 10 times larger in storage size than they needed to be*

http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

Last edited:
tahnk you fuzz. I'm downloading the program now.

Originally posted by fuzz
The link works fine. I would be more than happy to link pictures, but not sure which ones you wanted :confused:

Hi Fuzz, it must be the great Northern California weather and clear water that attracted you to moove from Hawaii uh? at least you get to use your 130's all the time:D

Actually, I would just rather attach a pic. file in the body of the reply instead of sending a links to our website. I took a quick digital pic of the trigger mechs. but didn't manage to attach the file for some reason.

If you send me your e-mail address so I can figure this out offline rather than embarass myself with my computer skills it would be even better:)

Thanks, Mark

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT