• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bass -Welsh Coast

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Robbo66

Don't Mention Competitions
Jul 24, 2005
Still running very well, anyone else fishing west wales ??

Attachments

• 4BassWestWalesAug05email.jpg
    4BassWestWalesAug05email.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 262
Nice catch Robo :)
Been in most days weather permitting, been a bit rough these last few days and was peeing down this morning so I couldnt be bothered ;) Lots of Bass still around but they are keeping their distance, those extra bands on my gun come in handy now. Are you getting plagued by thousands of small Pollack? Every time I hit the bottom they are there like flies :( they seem to follow me about for the whole dive once they find me :vangry
Have seen a few Mackeral recently too, jeez they are fast, sometimes they attack a shoal of sand eels! What a sight! Not managed to shoot one yet, even when they are slow rofl ah well next time perhaps

Hi Alison,
Pollack not a problem so far, bass in serious numbers. Not simply schoolies, but groups of 3 large and the odd solitary serious fish. Averaging 4 good bass each visit, 12-15m @ min 2 1.5 kilo-3.5 kilo range. No mullet so far. Plenty in France. Long may it continue.
Not sure about the dual bands, I've a mimitec T20 that has the option, but I'm so brassed off with the open muzzle arrangement when reloading, I bought a Beauchat 100 carbon in France which has been outstanding. Left the valentine 90 in France, still a great gun but has a moulinet and not as light.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT