• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bc Spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kellya

Apr 6, 2004
Bc SPEARFISHING
DOES ANYONE spearfish in bc or washington. If you do what do u go for and were and how deep and what with. You know all of that information. Thx ill reply to them all

Just looking into getting a gun myself. Out here on the island it looks like ling cod are pretty much off limits. But that still leaves lots and lots of fish.

Where are you at?

im from up near nanimo

i from near nanimo. I goin down to vic next weekend. But not spearfishin. im tryin 2 get a new wetsuit and gun on friday. It sucks about the ling. We have no lack of them or rockfish. Ps have u ever dove ogden point is so pm me.

I live about 2 blocks from Ogden and have dove up and down the breakwater. It's phenominal, easily one of the best dives around and you can top it off with coffee afterwards. The ling there get huge, we've also seen some 2 ft square box crabs. The wall is a marine reserve, no spearfishing allowed. However, fishing is fine which seems a tad hypocritical but such is is life.

We've got a yahoo group for VI freedivers check it out. Nobody else I'm aware of spears out here on the Island.

Hello,
Just rediscovered this site and found this thread. I live just outside of Nanaimo. Mostly, I freedive in a bay near my home.
There are fish, but salmon cannot be shot, there is a ban on ling and I would feel guilty about taking a rockfish in this area, given the time it takes them to grow and the heavy pressure from line fishing. To spear I usually go up to the northwest coast of the Island. There are less restrictions on what can be shot and more game. Moreover, there are fewer people to get upset at the site of a speargun.
Have fun and good hunting.
Patrick

used to date a girl from nanoose, interesting diving in the bay :D

don't worry about the dirty hippys that would put you down for excercising your LEGAL RIGHT to spearfish. spearfish where you wish. if they get upset at that's their problem, you're well within the law. they can just go home and hug a bunny and cry themselves happy again :D

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT