• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

beginner

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

harris444

May 1, 2012
i read a thread recently on how to choose equipment for a beginner and suggested brands and models, anyway i cant seem to find it anywhere? any ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: begginer

Good makes (that aren't over priced) include Cressi, mares, beauchat, seatec, Picasso.

Looks like your from Scotland so I personally would recommend a 90cm gun and a 5mm open cell wetsuit to get you started. But if the water is very cold (sub 8degrees) and your diving often maybe consider a 7mm suit

Hope this helps, and I'm sure someone would pop up and correct me if I'm wrong in my suggestions.

Harris - I tend to find a 5 mm suit is ok for most of the season, particularly on the West Coast.
I also use a 2mm vest with the 5mm if it's cold. This combo gives you a little more flexibility than having just a 5 or 7 mm suit.

Grant

i thaught that myself. the suits i have looked at are cheaper than i thaught they would be so im happy there. whats peoples views on going out on your own(good weather of course)
cheers
Harris

The only time I dive solo is if it's very shallow (3mtr max) and its an area I know very well. But then I tell people where I've gone and approximate times I'll be back. I wouldn't recommend it for beginners, only attempt it if you are totally confident and experienced diving the area. Avoid tidal areas aswel

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT