• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best Mamba Configuration

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

peacenluv

Apr 15, 2007
Dear fellow darkside users..

i'm looking to buy another Mamba, either 90 or 110, and would like to know the best configuration.. i currently use the Mamba 110 from maorisub and a few things that i've noticed:

1. the omer handle slides off and doesn't seem as nice as mares or cressi, at least in pictures. Which is the best gun/handle to mamba?
2. the line holder in front is metal, would it be better and prevent scuffing the line if it were plastic?
3. I'm using the 6.5mm arrow and 11mm barrel. what size/kind of fish would require to upgrade to 7-8mm 13mm? i'm currently shooting fish upto 4-5kg with no prob, but looking to go bigger SOON. :)
4. has anyone used the omer mach reel? can they compare it to the maorisub dentex or dentex slim?

thx guys

or can anyone compare the beuchat marlin reel to the omer mach or maorisub dentex?

My best advice is to use the search button because there is loads of info on our site however I own a Asso 115, set at 22atm, cant imagine needing any more power!
PS the best person to ask - Greek Diver - is recovering from a bad time in hospital but he will be back soon.

thx foxfish for the info.. i've been reading up on mamba for quite some time but still difficult to find comparisons of different brand guns with mamba.. but when i got my mamba 110 direct from maorisub, the build of the gun itself isn't so great.. for example, the omer handle seems pretty cheap.. a small gap starts to appear between the handle and tube (not sure where to tighten to close this gap, but i'm sure it's problem from factory cause same thing with mamba 90 i had before).. but i really like the power and feel of the mamba so i just want to figure out which handle and config will be premo.. :) i wish i could see the different pneumatic brands in person, but not possible..

also, even though enzo is a great guy, it is very difficult to communicate with him and most questions sent to them come back unanswered and i believe we are totally miscommunicating most of the time..

i'll research my quest for the perfect mamba more and try to figure it out, but if anyone can help to compare the different brands, would be sweet..

my best to greek diver and hope he has a speedy recovery.. :)

Do you mean the complete handle & trigger mechanism? If you look at my avatar you can see a custom grip.

Peacenluv,
1)...to reduce the gap all you have to do is screwing the mamba kit (the muzzle)
but bear in mind that this operation must be done with no pressure inside.
Don't screw it too tight otherwise you'll damage the handle.

2) just like you I don't like omer handle....I like stealth/sten handle: it is bigger,
the trigger mechanism is softer and I hv never heard of any problem occurred......
3) ...with an iside barrel of 11mm you can use 7mm and 8mm as well, usually
people who catch tunas with band guns use 7mm shaft.....
My english is poor but if you want me to help you communicate with Enzo.....no problem

hi foxfish.. i actually mean the whole handle including the trigger mech.. i had forgotten to add that on my first mamba 90, the trigger mech was stuck in fire position and wouldn't pop back unless you pulled it out.. maori told me that it was normal and just to pull it out and press it in a few times and it would be fine.. it actually never sorted out but i ended up using the gun and before i would load it, i would pull the trigger out before loading.. the first 2 times was ok, but on the third load, the arrow wouldn't click in place and lock.. so then i got the mamba 110.. i think in the end, the best idea would be to customize the handle like yours.. looks way cool.. :)

thx for the info marmir.. i'll let the air out and tighten the muzzle to see if i can reduce the gap.. and i am leaning towards either the asso 115 or the stealth 115.. which one would you recommend? any major differences? and thx for ur offer to help with enzo.. i may need your help again when i order my new gun(s).. :)

take care guys..

....I still prefer Stealth handle as the trigger mechanism is better...as far as dimensions is concerned....it depends on personal taste....

Did you solve that gap problem?

I have the same issue with my 110 and dont know what the hell to do any more

nope, the gap seems impossible to solve for the omer handle stock maorisub 90 and 110 mamba.. it kinda makes an angle where the handle meets the tube so gun isn't exactly straight as well and the more you pump it up, the more the gap increases.. when not pumped up, there is no apparent gap..

when i took the guns apart and tried to put them back to together, i found it very difficult to match up the trigger pin as it always turns so it doesn't match.. i think it's because it's plastic inside and the metal has already spun around where it's suppose to (maybe scrapped some plastic?) so it's impossible to put in position, especially as you tighten it more and more.. we have a cressi sl 70, seac-sub 115, and mares 850 coming and will see if they have the same problem.. hoping it's just the cheapo omer handle that does this.. fingers crossed..

The seac has a groove for the trigger pin which blocks the inner barrel and allows you to tighten a lot more

I think its the omer handle too, and when i have loaded it to 32bar the gap is a bit too much :)

What i dont understand is that my friend has the mamba 110 magnum, and there is no gap. It may be the reducer piece between the handle and the barrel

I will try with a mares or cressi handle see what happens

Hey Guys,

Can anyone give me some advice on cyrano 1100 vs mamba kit?
What sort of power increase do you really think you can get? 25%? 50%?
The kit isn't cheap from what I've heard and I keep reading a lot of prob's. I owned a 970 cyrano for about 6 years and it never missed a beat, I only sold it as I got an offer too close to a new one. I've owed the cyrano 1100 for a few years now but it hasn't had so much of a work out, so I shouldn't give too much feedback on it. I run it around 22 bar, but increasing it all the time.

What do you guys think?!

Hey Jamie,

You mean you think I should get Mamaba problems:naughty
Haha, when yours is working it might convince me :blackeye
I'm keen to look into the concept though!

Reactions: Mongrel454
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT