• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best place to dive around the parkdale area??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Darcy.B97

Jan 5, 2014
Where's you're favorite place to fish in Melbourne's south east

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Mate, the best advice I can give you in regards to your last couple of posts, is to join a local club & attend the meetings & comp dives. Shops can offer some good advice, but clubs will give you more time & help more suited to your own needs. Join an AUF or USFA affiliated club & this will give you access to many resources & opportunities in regards to safety/insurance/training/trips/comps/records/etc, that you may not even have considered. I'm guessing your age from "97" & I was about this age when I started hanging around comp divers & although I'd been spearfishing & had a little luck from a younger age, the leap in knowledge & ability from the mentoring from my local club is immeasurable in the influence that its had upon my life, in & out of the water. I still seek & take advice from my old mentors.

Posting an introduction when joining a forum like this often helps to break the ice too, as people can see if your fairdinkum or not.

Did you spear that snapper in your avatar? They take a bit of skill.

Stay Safe
Sharkey

Reactions: Darcy.B97
Mate, the best advice I can give you in regards to your last couple of posts, is to join a local club & attend the meetings & comp dives. Shops can offer some good advice, but clubs will give you more time & help more suited to your own needs. Join an AUF or USFA affiliated club & this will give you access to many resources & opportunities in regards to safety/insurance/training/trips/comps/records/etc, that you may not even have considered. I'm guessing your age from "97" & I was about this age when I started hanging around comp divers & although I'd been spearfishing & had a little luck from a younger age, the leap in knowledge & ability from the mentoring from my local club is immeasurable in the influence that its had upon my life, in & out of the water. I still seek & take advice from my old mentors.

Posting an introduction when joining a forum like this often helps to break the ice too, as people can see if your fairdinkum or not.

Did you spear that snapper in your avatar? They take a bit of skill.

Stay Safe
Sharkey

Thanks for the reply. This is my first time in a forum of any kind so kinda new to how things work around here. Since I've just started out I have no clue about clubs in my area but that's a good idea. Thanks for the advice really appreciated. And no, before I started spearfishing I fished a lot before that and caught that down in Sandringham (not sure if your from around here) but it was off my local break wall. Any advice on how to get involved with clubs.
Regards

If you enter Australian Underwater Federation (AUF) into your search engine you will be able to find a contact for spearfishing in Victoria. He will be able to put you in contact with a local club.

I'm based on the northern beaches of Sydney & usually when I head down to Vic its just with a rifle to chase sambar. I'm spoilt now & if I'm going to travel some distance to dive I like it to be warmer & cleaner. Having said that though, check out the Halibut some blokes on here spear. I could tolerate the cold to shoot one of those!

Stay safe & enjoy the journey.
Sharkey

I agree with Sharkey 100%.

Look up The Southern Freedivers. We meet the 1st Tuesday of every month in the Victorian Game Fishing Clubhouse in Edithvale. Next meeting is on the 4th of Feb and there is a bbq from 7.30pm. You will meet lots of both new and experienced divers. You don't have to be a member to attend the meetings.

And if you are looking for a spot to dive close to you try Blackrock, outside the pier along the rocks at half moon bay, lots of bream, flathead, pinkies and trevally. You will see the HMS Cerberus from shore. Make sure you have a float and flag!

I agree with Sharkey 100%.

Look up The Southern Freedivers. We meet the 1st Tuesday of every month in the Victorian Game Fishing Clubhouse in Edithvale. Next meeting is on the 4th of Feb and there is a bbq from 7.30pm. You will meet lots of both new and experienced divers. You don't have to be a member to attend the meetings.

And if you are looking for a spot to dive close to you try Blackrock, outside the pier along the rocks at half moon bay, lots of bream, flathead, pinkies and trevally. You will see the HMS Cerberus from shore. Make sure you have a float and flag!

Ok then I'll have to start heading down that way soon then. Just a quick question since you've brought it up. Is there any regulations on what size float I should use. Iv seen on websites different sizes and not sure what's the difference. Thanks for you input fizty really thankful you could give some advice.

Yes, there's regulations on the size and colour of your flag and the colour of your float. You need to get a copy of the vic fishing regs. You can download the app if you have a smartphone or iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT