• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best Spearing Videos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
Christmas is coming up and I want to get myself a couple of new videos. I have all the Dapiran collection which are really good.

What are the best videos on the market (I am not looking for wildlife documentaries just spearing action and techniques) I borrowed the Blue water hunting video by Terry Mass and I was quite dissapointed. He only shot about 3-4 good fish in the whole hour.

And please no fighting as everyone is entitled to their own opinion!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Reactions: donmoore
Shane have you watched picasso movies? I've got 6 of them

Last edited:
ohh I forgot to add opinion! They are not the most hardcore spearfishing videos that I've ever seen but they visualize the common mediterenian hunting.

Thanks a lot fot the offer.

What is the best Picasso video IYHO.

Alberto March Probably?? How is Pepe Viña's video???

well,
-- the coral sea is good because they shoot some nice pelagic fish.
-- Alberto March's video is cool as well, he shows some extreme depth grouper hunting.
-- Pepe's videos show some pure technique about mainly aspetto and others.

as I say these videos show some typical examples of mediterenian hunting.

Last edited:
Hi,

I own a few of the picasso videos and find them ok. The spearing is quite different to ours with regards to fish size as well as diving conditions. The one with alberto march spearing at 40meters+ is amazing........i mean 40m+ and some bottom time as well!!!

My favourite two videos would be South African videos called "Breathless" and "Blue Water Dreaming (Southern Mozambique)"

Breathless is basically all action and very little narrative. Shows plenty of fish or more importantly, plenty of fish being shot:p
Also shows what our viz is like, from bad 2-4m to good 10m+

Blue water dreaming is done in conjunction with rob allen. Shows a bit of mozambique, and some great fish. School of Ignobliss Kingfish of more than 100 each in excess of 10kg's as well as various other pelagics. Best part is where the spearo goes down and the camera-man waits a couple of seconds before he follows. Whilst the camera-man descends, a marlin comes up to check him out!!! The spearo at the bottom is totally oblivious to this happening above him!!!

Am sure your Rob Allen dealer would be able to supply you with these movies. Highly recommend them if lots of action(spearing and fending off sharks) is what you're after.
:D

Reactions: donmoore and Alun
We dont have a RA dealer in here :( where could I found them online? do you have an idea?

No idea who sells them on line.

Just pm'd you with some ideas

If you understand Italian, the 2 Dapairan videos "Aspetto dinamico al dentice parts 1 and 2" are awesome. ll about dentex hunting.

His video Aguatto Profondo is also superb. Big AJ and a 48 kilo tuna.

I have the two cd of Aspetto dinamico al dentice ,they are really unbeliavable.
What is the production time of the video Aguatto profondo,?I have a video of Dapiran which involves the cave hunting and a big AAAJ at the end but Ý think this is not that one
Aydýn

And I dont know Italian language unfortunately, but memorized the whole speech in the cd .. Ha ha..

vids

If you want nonstop reef action check out spearing and freediving the palm beaches with chad Palan. It is very good and was filmed over a period of several months, not days like some others and it has cool first person head ca,. I compleatly feel you guys about feeling ripped by some vid that claim to be the best ever and then wacth them shot a bunch of surgeon and parrot fish and maybe one or two nice pelagics. Why not just film for a longer period and only show the highlights.just my 2c

surgeon fish & parrotfish? what video is that?

The only video that I've really not liked & felt ripped off was Freediving the Reviligigagedos(or whatever). So overated...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT