• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best Spearing Videos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
YES!!!

I manage to find both VHS from Dapiran: ASPETTO DINAMICO AL DENTICE..

They are beautiful even if I do not understand a word of Italian!!!

I've watched the G. Dapiran's L'agguato Profondo and I would give that movie 11 out of a 10 scale :D

Originally posted by StretchArmStron
Can someone sum up the Gunslingers of the Blue frontier vid?
does it have both reef action and deep stuff?

its short! Something liek 20 min. Nice fish though, but nothing epic.

G

I've only seen one video (Epic) and it inspired me to be a better diver, but seemed a little short on technique. Much of the video involved guys with incredible bottom times nailing fish at almost point blank because the fish forgot they were there!

Since taking a nap at 80ft is not an option for me, are there any books/videos on how to approach/stalk fish and line up the shot? For instance, when hunting uhu (parrotfish) I scan for their shadows about 40ft away, then look around for the best way to approach using reef cover and keeping the sun behind me. Then I drop down and hide, hoping they will decide to check me out. I'm a rookie, so I often approach from the wrong direction, make too much noise, etc. I'd like to see a pro from the time he/she spots the fish at a distance, uses the reef/cover, lines up the shot, and then decides when to shoot.

Any videos like that? mebbe I'm asking too much... or maybe these are things I need to learn on my own

stalking fish greatly depends on the depth at which you are diving and the clarity of water you are diving in. For uhus in hawaii I have found that stalking them from the surface to dive bomb only works in deeper water like 60+ feet. When doing a dive bomb you have to make sure you dont make any noise or unnecessary movement.
as far as diving in clear water or in the shallower water. I would just dive down when i see them. This doesnt give them a chance to see me at all. as soon as I hit the bottom I start to grunt or scratch the rocks (basically anything to catch thier interest or curiosity). A lot of times i just dive down when I see a school of fish. Many fish that I dont notice seem to come out of nowhere.

I got the Free-diving the revilligigados video and was very dissapointed at the ammount of fish action. Only 4 fish on the video...the rest was freakin' 10-15 minutes of commercials for spearfishing products (mainly guns). That and the guys spent alot of time just filming the reef. I felt like I was watching a Christmas movie during that part.
The last fish was awesome as stated earlier in this thread.

So again....the video with the MOST action/length??????

I also made the large mistake of ordering Freediving the Revilligigados video. Not impressed to say the least. I also have "Spearfishing the Palm Beaches, Forida", and "Freediving Adventures in Vanuatu". The video on Florida is reasonable as it is kinda neat them showing how they do things there but the fish are (seemed to me...) very stupid, almost like watching a film on shooting the yellow ducks in a carnival. I would preview this video before ordering it. The video on Vanuatu is quite a bit better but concidering they went to such lenghts to explain the culture of the island (is neat, and a knowlegde of this may be required inorder to get permission to dive) they at least could have explained their equipment and how they set it up.

I just ordered "Blue: Freediving the Californias", which I talked to several people about so I didnt end up with another dust collector. Granted it is neat to see the different methods used to hunt in the so different areas that were shown in these videos.

If I could sum up all of this into one sentence it would be: Don't buy freediving the revilligigados, Its an absloute waste of money and video. His book is wonderful, as I'd suggest it to anyone interested in a fantastic read.

Hope this helps some of you out, Ill be sure to post how "Blue" turns out.

Until next time,
Justin

no dubt, best spearing video i have ever seen

Dapiran's

L'Agguato Profondo....

Depth can go up to 42-45 meter, involves all hunting styles, aspetto, cave, tower.... Shoot almost all types of med sea fishes, sargo, brown merge, big groupers, big AJ, atlantic little tunny, huge yellowfin (used boat as a float:D ) Non stop action more than 100 minutes.......

In the same kind of video the one with Marco Bardi call 'skill and secret' is a pretty good one. Marco Bardi shows all kind of methods to catch a fish in mediteranean sea. The guy is quite impressive, any commercial, for me this video worth the price.
.........................................................................................................

It's cold out there, I wish spring will be sooner this year.

Yaouank

spearfishing films

spearfishing films
have you checked out the Immersion vid? it's shot mainly in East Australia and features some great spearing shots. it's a really quality production. Theres some film clips on their site, you can also buy online: liquid focus

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT