• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best watch for a spearo

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rofoktonos

Apr 20, 2011
I don't train in a pool and i don't dive with bottles. I'm a spearo who is interested in a "nice" looking watch that can show me temp, depth and total dive time. Money is no object, but i do want "simplicity" which means, i don't want a frikin computer with multiple buttons and a list if capabilities I'll never use.

I liked the price & the simplicity of the Omer MIK1, then i saw the quite expensive but very sexy & irresistible SUUNTO Elementum Aqua but then decided that the Aeris F10 would probably be the better buy when i realized that i doesn't show temp while in dive mode.

Can someone please help me in choosing a nice watch for spearfishing!

Hey rofoktonos, i just got the latest scubapro dive computer, the Aladin 2G, i am a dive master so use it for my job, for that it is brilliant and very easy to use..
Only has two buttons, easy and simple.
Its tought, and not big at all, quite compact, like a normal watch.
It has apnea mode...on the screen it shows depth, max depth reached, surface interval time, bottom time, temp and you can set an alarm to say when youve surpassed your max depth limit that you have set... i have not fully tested it yet, but i am going spearing shortly with it, and will give you the full low down on it later today.

Dom.

For the Aeris F.10, water temp while in dive mode is 1 button push away.

I'm not sure it's something that you always need to see on each dive.

It's very capable for spearos.

The following watch has the simplest and easiest-to-read face with the most important info right where you need them without pressing any buttons. Once you jump in the water, it automatically goes into dive mode! This is as simple as it gets with all the necessary info you need right where you need it in one glance. Im surprised no one else seem to regard this as a "decent" spearo's watch. Why is that?

Attachments

• sporasub_sp1.jpg
    sporasub_sp1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 219
Rofoktonos, when you copied the picture from my website, you could post a link to the review page too - the positive and negative aspects for this watch are mentioned there rather clearly: APNEA.cz - Sporasub SP1

After eight hours of spearing today, it realy put my scuba pro aladin 2g to the test.
All i had to do was set it to apnea mode, and every time i dove down it started recording (think after 4ft) showed my total time after 4 ft during descent, bottom time and till i surfaced past the 4ft.
the whole time on the screen it had, depth, time, temperature and told me if i was ascending too fast.
Only thing i thought was abit annoying, is that its abit bulky compared to most freediving watches, so u do notice it quite abit.

Dom.

I vote Aeris F.10 v2 - although you won't use the setable depth - maybe you can get a deal on a v1. Has the best alarm options of anything out there - more than the D4 and it's more readable. Plus you don't have to send it in to change the battery. Other than that - if you are looking for a watch - the Suunto Elementum Aqua is a real beauty with some decent diving functions.

If you weren't asking about something you can wear as a watch I'd suggest the Liquivision Xen - great gauge for spearos because you don't even have to look directly at it to read it.

the d4 is doing everything i want faultlessly, just put it in freedive mode and go fishing don't have to push a button all day and it tells you what you need when you need it.
simplicity

Did enybody know about a new Uwatec dive watch?
I've seen it just for a few minutes in Facebook , but unfortunatly they take the picture off.

Im quite happy with my sporasub sp1.Its easy to figure out,none of theese fancy functions that you dont need if youre not training for competitions,and not too pricy.

Surface time is mission critical - from Trux's site it looks like the Omer lacks this.

I have 2992 dives/laps on my F.10v2 :)

aeris f10.v2 simple effective it logs 99dives time from .6m down. till you surface.

i did 79dives in 6hrs all the info is thier have yu bought one yet ..... which one

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT