• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best Website/Store for shopping.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Dec 11, 2016
Hey. I will be in Florida this Christmas and want to get a Riffe Euro 12o, dive suit, gloves and reel. What are the best sites with good deals? Are there any reputable second hand sites too?

Neptonic's is very good with a wide selection of brands. They have a warehouse in Tampa so they could ship it to you very quickly.

Great. Thanks a lot. Have you had a riffe bef0re?

I had a Riffe Island about 19 years ago, but when I got my first Wong I immediately sold the Riffe. The Riffe midhandled guns are generally underweight and overpowered with resulting recoil and accuracy problems. I have not personally used the Riffe Euros, but friends have brought them on my boat and seem pleased with them. I think they are a much better choice.

Great. It does seem like that gun has got great reviews. It is quite an expense though and I am looking to get a wetsuit, gloves and a reel as well, so this all adds up.
I have been messaged by MAKO. Are you able to comment on their guns or say what other people have said about that brand?

I wish someone else would get into this conversation. I'm almost infallible but not completely. A lot of this stuff is just personal preference. I'm hoping that others will weigh in before I'm back tomorrow.

I see that no one else has offered an opinion.

My impression was that you wanted to be able to take delivery while you were in Florida for Christmas, so I didn't recommend any other brands of guns that would take longer. Can Mako get the stuff to you before you leave for home? If they are messaging you, I suppose they think that they can.

I have a preference for wood guns. They will never corrode but aluminum eventually will. If you want to switch to a different brand of reel that has different hole spacing, you can just drill new holes without sinking the gun. I've had three different pairs of stainless inserts in some of my wood guns due to switching reels. You can drill a hole anywhere to add anything. I haven't used an aluminum pipe gun in about 25 years. While I've never used a Mako gun, I think you'll find that the Riffe is higher quality. But only you can know what you can afford. Maybe the Mako would be perfectly fine for your needs.

Last edited:
There are a lot of great shops in Florida - which city will you be in? If you're in a major city, you should be able to get any brand of gun. . .

Thanks for your responses. I've actually just learned that my country has a tight policy on importing spearguns. I would need a licence issued from the Commissioner of Police and its not easy, cheap or quick so in the end I will have to get the gun here in Trinidad from a local dealer.
But I would like to buy other gear such as a wetsuit, knife, gloves etc. I will be in Palm Bay and Melbourne on the east coast. If you know any reputable shops there then I'm all ears.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT