• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Beuchat marlin pacific

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Mar 9, 2015
Hello. I am from Russia . I am sorry because my english so bad . I want buy beuchat marlin pacific 115 for hunting in Vladivostok . It is hunting in depth near 10 - 30 meters near rocks or in blue water. Is it sure choice? What can you say about this gun ? Will be better buy beuchat marlin oceania , beuchat marlin carbon elite or beuchat marlin elite ? Can you say about pluses or minuses of these spearguns. Thank you very much .

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Hello. I am from Russia . I am sorry because my english so bad . I want buy beuchat marlin pacific 115 for hunting in Vladivostok . It is hunting in depth near 10 - 30 meters near rocks or in blue water. Is it sure choice? What can you say about this gun ? Will be better buy beuchat marlin oceania , beuchat marlin carbon elite or beuchat marlin elite ? Can you say about pluses or minuses of these spearguns. Thank you very much .

Hi Andrei,

I had Marlin Oceania 130cm and I didn't like it. It has a pronounced negative buoyancy and it's hard to keep it straight when submerged.
I had Omer Camu HF 95cm and I'd like it overall.
For up to 90-100cm, I think that aluminium barrel will do; longer than that and you need wood or carbon barrel.
Don't take this for granted, it's just my opinion. Search the forum and you'll find your answers.

Good luck!

Reactions: Mr. X
Hi Andrei,

I had Marlin Oceania 130cm and I didn't like it. It has a pronounced negative buoyancy and it's hard to keep it straight when submerged.
I had Omer Camu HF 95cm and I'd like it overall.
For up to 90-100cm, I think that aluminium barrel will do; longer than that and you need wood or carbon barrel.
Don't take this for granted, it's just my opinion. Search the forum and you'll find your answers.

Good luck!
Thank you for your opinion

Hi Andrei,
Good luck!

I am Quoteing myself for correction:
Beuchat Marlin Oceania in 130cm lenght is a blue water gun, where you stay on surface and dive for big fish, when passing by. The gun will be orientated downwards most of the time, and you will shoot form a fairly vertical pozition. So the overall buoyancy of the gun is not very important.
When I get this gun, I was lured by the efective range of a long gun, and not considering the fact that I was targeting fish mainly from "laying on the bottom" possition.
So, it is clear that I missused this aluminium gun of this lenght (or I use it in a way that it was not designed for).

Hi lutonin.andrei1,
What is the visibility like where you intend to spear (Vladivostok) - how far can you see? That distance will usually be the single biggest factor when choosing the length of speargun. Also what sort/size of fish are you targeting?

I've heard stories of Russian/Eastern Bloc spearos ordering very short, very powerful spearguns (e.g. 50c-70cm barrel 2x16mm bulk rubbers), which made me think they might be targeting very large fish (sturgeon?) in very poor visibility.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT