• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Beuchat Marlin Prestige vs Cressi World Competition

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

guppyconqueror

Apr 20, 2009
All, does anyone have any experience with the Beuchat prestige suit; someone already asked this question re freediving suits. Considering this or Cressi World Competition (both 5mm) if anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it - there's a price difference but what is the quality / durability? Also clarification if the Beuchat Elaskin is opencell? Many thanks

I think Beuchat is better. I have Mundial Elaskin and its very good quality comapred to Cressi suits.
Its probably open-cell, like most of them :)

just taken my beuchat marlin prestige (7mm) for its first dive. was pretty toastie, seems well made with plenty of thick padding on the knees and shins so hopefully wont rip too easy on the rocks.
only downside is the sizing, its quite short, im 6ft2 and 96kgs, orderd the xl which is meant for people my height (ish) and 90 kgs apparently, but i found it to be short and loose around the stomach and lower back and under the arms.
probally better fitted for a shorter fatter person.
from my first impressions of it though id recommend it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT