• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Beuchat Mundial Prestige

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BladeRunner

Mud Puddle Diver
May 20, 2002
Hey do any of you guys out there use Beuchat's Mundial Prestige wetsuit? I'm going to get it in 5.5mm thickness and I just want get some pros and cons. I'm including a pic of the suite I'm talking about. Thank you for any replies.

BladeRunner :hmm

Attachments

• 114_d_070502110124.jpg
    114_d_070502110124.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
great suit

The Beuchat is a really nice suit, where are you going to get it from? Also, where are you going to be diving and what is the water temp? I have a cressi super comp and its 5 mil johns, 6.5 top and in water as cold as 45 degrees, it is really warm. In fact I was thinking of getting the Beuchat in 4 mil because I think that would be perfect.
Jim

Hey Jim well I live near Atlanta georgia so I'm diving in some of the deep lakes here. I'm making plans to go to some of the deep clear water springs in florida. I want to hook up with some freedivers to do some open water dives in florida or other places near by but I'm getting
the feeling that some experienced freedivers don't want to deal with newbie divers like me. I'm still having trouble finding a buddy so I'm doing all solo dives now.

The prestige suits come in three colors for each three sizes. the 4mil is black and olive green, the 5.5mil which is one I'm getting is black and grey, 7mil is black and blue. I have found a few
dealers in atlanta and I'm hoping with alittle bit of sweat talk I can get them to order the suit for me. IF that doesn't work I found a dot com store in france that has them for a really good price but having them in stock is kinda iffy and it looks like 6 or 7 week wait. I will give you the webpage and if it works out let me know how it went. I'm going to include a pic that shows all three sizes and the colors. I really want to get this suit it looks pretty good and it has a ti inside coding so it should be pretty warm.

I had someone invite up to ohio to do some Quarry diving and I heard of a few place in your neck of the woods to dive to.

well thanks for your reply talk
http://www.sportextreme.com/pw210/

BladeRunner

Attachments

• 114_photo_070502105816.jpg
    114_photo_070502105816.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 246
come to PA

Bladerunner-
Take a long weekend and come dive with us at Dutch Springs, in Bethlehem, PA. www.dutchsprings.com We have a group of 4 that freedive there every weekend and love to have new people come along. Trace Malin is a freedive instructor and he puts together a great weekend course for 150.00 that will have you going safely down to 100 feet. Dutch is a great place and we will be happy to dive with you.
Jim

Come to FL. too

BladeRunner,

I'd be happy to dive with you in Florida (springs).

Scott

P.S. Jim, Dutch Springs looks like my kind of place. I may be up that way in the fall and, if so, I will make the visit (although the water looks pretty cold that time of year).

Hey thanks guys a lot I really appreicate the offers and I promise I will take you both up on them. When I don't know, but I will contact you when I chop out some time in my schedule. I'm finishing college soon and I'm just started new job. I'm getting really pumped now to get really into freediving now.

Jim that class sounds just like what I need I will have to find out when he's giving it when I have the time in my schedule to drive up and get some hard core training.

BladeRunner

Last edited:
Trace's email

Send an email to Trace at tracemalin@aol.com and he can let you know the particulars. The course is very thorough with a major emphasis on safety procedures as well as how to make the execution of each dive as beautiful as possible. Even if you do not take the cousre, come up to Dutch and camp there for the weekend and I know you will have a great time. Swimming through the boats, the helicopter and other vehicles under water is simply amazing.
Jim

I will do that but I want to have some experience before coming so i can actually dive down to those depths. I'm just getting started so I'm not make dives to great depths, I'm just barely getting to 30ft. I'm diving in man made lake so the water isn't very clear and I'm diving on my own so it's hard to relax. I think I might switch to just training in the pool. I did find a quarry I could dive in but it's about 4 hours away. You can find my post about it, "Madison Quarry" in the buddy and dive location posting section. Well I'm getting all excited about all the opportunities opening up to me now. Thank You

BladeRunner

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT