• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Beuchat Spearguns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MIADIVER

Jul 23, 2002
Any opinions on Beuchat Spearguns, in particular, MUNDIAL CARBON or MUNDIAL ELITE? How do they compare to other euro- type guns (e.g., rob allen guns)?

It seems to me that they are reasonably priced and of good quality. In addition, they use a 6.5mm shafts and 20mm bands. Has anyone ever used double-bands with these guns?

I have used a Mundial Elite for quite a few years. becoming quite the "sniper" with it. Great for long shots - very accurate weapon.

GET THE REAL! if you want to shoot anything of size you'll need it!

High penitration - high speed - very little "knock out" power.

keep it in the blue and out of the rocks and you'll love it.

try not to miss shallow, spear goes so fast that on a fixed line it seems to "bounce back"

Willer

speargun review

the hawaii skindiver magazine euro gun review is on the omer website www.spearfishing.com/omer/page1.html

although it provides a comparison, usually the proof in the pudding is tasting for yourself.

hope it helps
mark

Willer,

Is the Hawaiian Skin diver magazine correct about the Beuchat with a "pronounced flair" on the barb/flopper produced a consistently low shots ? How do you overcome this ?

What size is your Beuchat ?

What kind of long shots are you getting from ur Beauchat, say for a 12 lbs fish mid body shot ?

How do you compare it to ur 38 JBL ?

Thanks Plenty.

IYA

the "flopper" on the stock Beauchat spear is quite poor - it's nice and long, but doesn't open all the time.

putting a slight flair in it does hold fish longer, but YES!!!! oh so low shots. I''ve just adjusted my shooting style but it's a bit of an anoyance.

"long shots" ? I guess I'm (was) taking Talang Queenfish and other jacks at 10 - 15ft or so. I use this gun when i'm hunting walls or schooling baitfish. was nice for Hagool and large bream.

the thin, fast spear is nice because there is not a lot of damage (unlike my JBL .38) to the fish. makes a nice, small, clean hole. if I hit the fish close the spear usually goes all the way through and the fish ends up on the line - they never get away when that happens.

The .38 NW Special is my tank. Short range >8ft (>6 is best) but if you want to put a shaft through the head of a grouper it's the king. but be warned - if you hunt grouper in old oil drums like I do, or next to pipe, don't miss - damn spear goes into the drum. :head

Willer

oh yeah - my little edit - my Mundial elite is the longest one they make - don't have a measuring tape.......

Willer,

Funy you called it Talang Queenfish. The local name in my language is Talang-Talang ( for queenfish ), being in Canada and having similiar name of the fish based on Canada being half English and half French ( isn't it ) is a very unigue coincidence.

Impressive if a single band can throw a shaft to penetrate even this thin fish at 15 feet........... sound just great. I am too experimenting with thin 7mm Hawaiian shaft.

Thanks 4 the info.

IYA

It would be funny.....

But there are no Talang's in Canada - I hunt them when I'm in the Arabian Gulf. not a bad fish if the;re small - big ones don't tase good.

Most shots on Talang were under 10ft.

Willer

No wonder, why the name Talang. Arabic culture & names did influenced my language to a certain extend.

I like the way queenfish fights. The 3kg ones is good eating when grilled.....soft & juicy.....ur right. Funny thing is I almost always get this fish close to shore in crappy water visibility. There are 3 wrecks close by where I hunt and 2 closer in shore (green water ) almost always have queenfish. The 3 miles off shore wreck has the GT and other trevalies but I never even seen the queenfish there.

There was one rare instance I got one is better water, not blue water though....semi green..wha ha ha. This must be a more tropical fish then. This queenfish u talking about is the one with like a 5 dots on the upper body correct ?

IYA

yep!

Originally posted by Amphibious
The .38 NW Special is my tank. Short range >8ft (>6 is best) but if you want to put a shaft through the head of a grouper it's the king.

You got that right! ;)

sven

4 to 5 dark spots on the body, huge mouth, big eyes - sounds about right. I find the best huntng for them is off peirs or docks where there is a distinct eddy line. I sit very quiet in the eddy and wait for them to zoom by. seems to do the trick. also riding the roof of a baitfish school - they seem "distracted" not a difficult hunt. have you ever shot one and the meat was solid red? god it tastes like ass! almost made me sick on an overnight dive trip.

Hey Sven - what kind of band config are you using? I've got 2x JBL blue bands and 1x the latex colour - they're all stock length, seem to be affecting accuracy, but has the power I crave.

Willer

Last edited:
YEP...that is the FISH. Thanks for the photo. Damn such great water viz.

Never seen their meat red. Won't eat it if it get red, thanks, you just saved my tummy.

IYA

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT