• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Beuchat SR550 gun???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

noahb

Jun 15, 2007
Hi, I have an older Beuchat Sr550 pnumatic gun. It is working fin right now, but I have lost the manual for it and can not find any info on this gun on the net. It looks very similar to the Cresi-Sub Sl guns. If I ever have to service this gun, it would be nice to be able to have a break down of it.

any info on this gun would be appreciated.

thanks

At the end all the pneumatics are exactly the same.
the Beuchat is similar to the Cressi, Mares or Seac.

If you already serviced one the beuchat will be a piece of cake.

Ivan

Thanks for your info.

So if I need like o-rings or stuff like that, where might I find such items? Will std. orings work or do they have to be a certain material?

thanks

There are standard O-rings, but it is realy important that you use the right size and change the oil or keep the right amount of oil in the gun. Remember that the mixture of Oil and compressed air is the life of your gun seals.

Once that you identify the right sizes of the different O-rings you are done, they are absolutely inexpensive.

If you service your gun once a year, even if it has no leaks, it will last forever.

Ivan

Again, thanks for the help.

What kind of oil do you recommend and how do I know if I put enough in the gun after I service it?

You can put the motorcycle fork oil.
It is really light and lubricates perfectly.

Ivan

Again, thanks for the help.

What kind of oil do you recommend and how do I know if I put enough in the gun after I service it?[/quote

For the amount of oil, the Seac Asso 55.5 which should be the same size as your Beauchat uses 20 cc of oil. Good luck and let us know how does it go.

...Beuchat sounds like French origin product.
I am familiar with most Italian brands which are almost identical in trigger mechanisms pistons. etc.
Until recently i was hunting with Cressisubs and never walked in a serviceshop for repairs or maintenance
The problem with cressisub guns included those sold today is the steel made piston and partly the metal part of the shock absorber.
I had to repalace all these parts with a british origin industrial plastic named ACETAL.
To service a gun like this follow this order.
Step one... Completely empty your air chamber to zero bars pressure.
two...Place a proper socket wrench and try to unscrew the front part.
Due to salt built up around the threads you may encounter difficulties at this point...Please be patient and never exert excessive force.
I have severely damaged my new Syrrano doing so.
Three...Remove safety lock and triger pins. There are two. One of around 3mm dia that holds the trigger in place and a slender one which pushes the
trigger engaging/disengaging hook(inner gun).
This last one you will need a slender long pliers to pull away.
All this done correctly you may now completely unscrew the front end which contains the the piston stop with shock absorber.
Screw back around 4 threads and using a plastic mallet tap the gun at the front. This will cause the barrel to travel backwards by few cm.
Remove completely the front end unscrew counterclockwise..
Now you can see the piston.
Insert the conical end of the spearshaft to facilitate removal of piston.
Hold at this point firmly the large diameter external cylinder(usually 40mm)with one hand
and tap the gun with the plastic hammer at the grip to remove the barrel.
At this point you are able for visual check of all o-rings and seals except
those contained in the one way air valve at the rear of the barrel.
To access this one you must firmly secure the barrel...never on a vice. This must be done on a round grip attachment. A lathe collet for example because all these parts are alumunium.
Now it is easy to replace seals...Your attention here please now.
Those seals are sensitive in mineral oils.
Use synthetic low viscosity motor oil. 05/30 or lower.
These oils are expensive... or try to find the original manufacturer's oil.
In my place there are specialty rubber seal manufacturers.
They can deliver to your specs...Ask for VITON rubber seals Are green in colour and can withstand high temperature and pressure environments.
Can be used with aggressive-to-rubber oils.
After inspection of barrel it should retain a mirror like shining inner surface.
If scratches are visible you better replace or hone.
Now if you are done and new seals are in place follow the reverse sequence.
I can't tell you though the exact torque specs for tightening back the barrel.
In my case I would completely tighten and the turn counterclockwise by 45 degrees angle.
Now fill your pump by one third with oil. \This is the equivalent with my pump diameter and length to 20ml.
Screw in the pump in pumping position and start pumping...I hope i was of help yo you.

Cheers

Happy hunting...

Reactions: spaghetti
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT