• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Big good luck to all competing in Liverpool

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi KogaNinja

It was an amazing competition (again) and this time saw 2 national records broken. Liv Philip broke the Women's DNF (can't remember the exact length but sure someone will let us know) and Dave King yet again broke the Men's DYN (226 metres I believe).

A big shout out and even bigger hugs to our resident Buckley Mermaid for an amazing 150m DYN, Get In Mandy you should be very proud hun.

Thanks to Apneaboy for another brilliantly organised event, to all the Judges, safety divers (including you KogaNinja) and helpers in making it a smooth and most importantly safe event.

A big thanks to Liverpool Aquatic Centre and all the staff too, they have really gotten into the spirit of the sport and supporting it. I know some places get really twitchy when they see divers that have pushed to hard and samba (or even blackout). They were all very calm and took it in their stride letting the safety divers do their job and always being on hand if required (fortunately they didn't have a lot to do)

Great to see SO many new and seasoned freedivers there this year.

This was my second indoor comp and even better than last year. The atmosphere is great and very very relaxed, I don't think you could ask for more in a competition.

Swimming though crystal clear water with sun rays shimmering down over you, it's heavenly!

Steve Think you should put in a bid for next years World Championships :t

P.S Thanks to Jay for putting on the buffet last night, it was so nice to eat only brown food again and have a well earned pint :friday

Last edited:
Thanks to all the people involved in organising this lovely competition.
You have done a fantastic job! I can't stop smiling this morning thinking about the lovely weekend.
Congratulations to all the athletes! Our champions were brilliant of course but it was great to see new faces performing so well!
Hope to see many of you in Tooting next week :)

Well done to all - saw some nice pics from the comp on FB Kat but does anyone know where I can see the results?
Posted via Mobile Device

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT