• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

BIG i think... "Hogfish" and my first

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixshooter4

May 15, 2008
hey boys.
i took my 16 year old sister out spearfishing for the first time today. we had a great time! she shot her first fish with the 4ft pole spear and i killed my first "Hog Fish" he swam under me and i drew my pole back and the band broke!!! I quickly wraped the cord around my hand and shot the pole like it was a sling. it worked!!! im in Florida on vacation and we dont have many Hogfish in Texas so i have no idea how big he is as far as his species goes... but im extreamly happy with him and would love some feedback on it!

thanks boys

Attachments

• DSCN5171.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCN5172.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: Mr. X
Congrats some nice fish there. How about weighing a few and then they could be entered in our Hall of Fame. Check out the HOF in the link in my signature below.

Dave.

Murph!!!! Great catch and way to mentor sis. NEMA is stoked to go out later this summer! Got a great ladder rigged for egress/ingress. :friday

i will do dave...thanks for the tip!

and al, i cant wait! im working in luoisiana with the NWF on the oilspill cleanup. not sure exactly how much time ill get off but the time i do will be spent spearing ha ha. i go to A&M after that so im always just a drive away and i can start making all of the dive trips. no matter when!

Some minor issues occured with some posts on this thread. All has now been resolved.

No one has been blamed, sanctioned or recieved any negative action against them and deleted posts do not indicate anybody having done anything wrong. Thanks to everyone for their help and cooperation.

Staff aim to help members and to keep the reputation of DB high. So just to draw a line under any remaining issues this thread is now locked against further posts. Any queries to me via pm's.

Dave.

Reactions: scottwilson
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…