• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Biggest Bass

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have managed to have contact with Dessault and Hughes Dessault has caught bass over 12kg in his early days but sadly no pictures.The attached picture is of Jean-Sebastien Ray a French Dessault Sponsored Spearo with a great catch of bass.The first bass working from left to right was said to be close to 10kg.

There are some big ones out there but i just want to keep seeing smaller ones as they are the future.A 1-3lb bass is more important for the future than a 16-20lber.

Attachments

• SV104005.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: James Jay
Re biggest Bass (spearfishing)
British record is 19lbs 8oz by Colin House Portland area
next 17LB 8OZ Tony Webber Old Harry area
third 17LB Mike Bradshaw Portland Bill.
Still hunting for that 20lb plus fish!!!
Best regards
Mike.

In the 1970's Ray Tostevin speared a 17+lb bass off the west coast of Guernsey. I'm afraid i've forgoten the exact number of ounces, but could have been nearer 18lb. It was officially weighed, photographed, appeared in the local Press and even was eventually sent to a taxidermist in London for mounting. See if I can find the exact weight.

Dave

Hey Mike could you tell us more about your huge bass capture?

While reading The Spearfisherman's Handbookby David Way he say

"The world record for bass stands at 13.38 kilos for a fish taken by ex-world team and french champion,Hughes Dessault from Marseille"

Thats 29.49785 pounds by my calculations.Nearly 30 lbs.

Still got to get over 10lbs.

Come on summer.

Pastor have you any pics of your huge bass?
Careful, he might mis-read that and have his mate take a picture of something else! :yack

I'm in a smart-alic mood today

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…