• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Black Sea, Turkey, anyone?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
O

octopus

I should be spending some time on Turkish coast of the Black Sea. I wonder if anyone has some experience of diving in the Black Sea.
What is visibility like? What marine life I can expect to see? What are spearfishing regulations? Any advice is welcome.

Thanks a lot. :)

octopus said:
I should be spending some time on Turkish coast of the Black Sea. I wonder if anyone has some experience of diving in the Black Sea.
What is visibility like? What marine life I can expect to see? What are spearfishing regulations? Any advice is welcome.

Thanks a lot. :)
Black sea ..vision is black :) and not clear water , but clear water in some area and too waves , too strong winds..sometimes ok..if you spearfishing ..be very carefull ,,,i mean not go too far from the cost..eagan-meditarranian is ok, clear and good spot..
meanwhile for foriener ..no need lisance, no fee needed...till teh end of agust 2006 acc 36/2 circular , have good fun!

Reactions: octopus
Well, it happend eventually. I'll write down what I found - for the record.
This was my first dive in Black Sea, Turkish side. Water temperature is 22C at this time of the year. Visibility ~10m. Bag limit is 5kg or one fish if over 5kg. I was told by locals that no licence is needed. Everyone is friendly, but do avoid diving around military installations.
I saw mullet. Bass is allegedly here as well. I have seen a fish that I normally see in Adriatic and I call it jack. I do not know exact species, so if anyone knows, please do tell me (photo of jack is from Adriatic if you are confused by clarity :D).
I saw one more species of fish but I am yet to take its photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT