• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

bloody slime in the throat

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

diver88

May 17, 2009
hey @ all !

I have some Problems by training with complete empty lungs.
After some time diving with empty lung my diaphragm gonna start to twitch.(contraction)
So that is normal but after a few times i had some bloody slime in my throat.
What happend? I was not deeper than - 1m . Did I hurt my lung? Or my trachea? And why?

I hope you can help me?

hey @ all !
I have some Problems by training with complete empty lungs.
After some time diving with empty lung my diaphragm gonna start to twitch.(contraction)
So that is normal but after a few times i had some bloody slime in my throat.
What happend? I was not deeper than - 1m . Did I hurt my lung? Or my trachea? And why
I hope you can help me?
So I suggest : stop it. Whoever gave you that idea that breathing out all air and diving down would be good for you? Of course you are going to get hurt.

Sebastian

no, there will be other problems at -40 in CWT.

There are quite a lot of good freedivers and clubs in France, sounds like a course would be a great idea. Search the board here for tips too. Are you doing this dodgy training alone?

No never alone !

But i had those problems at a dive to -40m probably I´m not relaxed enough? Or i have to train my lung/diaphragm/trachea flexibility...? :confused:

40m is a very tough dive to do unless you are very relaxed. If you were tense, and struggling to equalize and straining to look for the bottom or plate, you probably "squeezed" your lungs a little, enough for flecks of blood to come out with your spit.

Look up "lung squeeze" on this site, there is a search button up top.

good luck and go slow.

not sure trachea flexibility is something you can train
i guess you got squeezed and that's not necessarily due to lack of relaxation during the dive
have you experienced equalization problems during the dive? how often do you experience this kind of problems (if you do)?

i have been criticized when i once said this kind of dive may be dangerous
as i want to avoid this again, let me say that they are a really good training and a wonderful warm up before a dive session, but you have to take them really really really really really carefully as lung squeeze is an actual danger

you need to LISTEN to your body more than ever doing this

quoting Azapa: -40 full lungs are a different thing

I had those problems only one time at the normal Training. I stopped those emtpy lung tranings. Now i do FRC and never had those problems!
But at CW I had that problem again... No i have absolute no problems with equalization. But i was not relaxed...

Thanks for your Help !

i never have any problems on empty lungs i think it feels great to go under with no air not deep though. i like to listen to the jordin sparks song no air on empty lungs in my cd player(dry land of course). i have been trying to stay that way for the whole song maybe i will succeed sometime i got to the "i ran i jumped i..." that part if anyone knows the song. does anyone know it in this forum i think an american would know it there was someone from california in another thread...is that person reading this?

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT