• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Body Peircing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
He Doesn't dive. I know he has gotten them snagged before on normal clothing but he is a freak, suspends himself by rings from time to time so I doubt he cares much about the pain.

Yeah, I've never seen him do it but they put rings or hooks, not sure which through the skin on his back and then he is suspended fron the ceiling. Not my thing.

Suspension?

That's totaly fu** up. :)

Can he pass in a metal detector?

Originally posted by island_sands
TONGUE PIERCING!!!???

never. i would be like having a permanent wart on the tongue. :yack
It might also prevent you from doing the Frenzel. :D

Now really, I wonder....:confused:

From the elder view . . .

1. when I was taking life painting classes, one of our best models was a jewelry design student. Tall girl, good solid skeleton and properly fleshed. Unfortunately for me, at least, she was also a walking billboard for her craft. Whenever she posed facing me, I'd have to pick up the easel and walk around to the back. Just couldnt' concentrate on line and color because I kept hearing the recording in my head going "That had to hurt!"

2. I was out shopping in one of our more pricey/snooty malls when into the shop walked a fellow sporting a Celtic design all the way around his neck and wearing one of those "barbells" through the flesh at the base of his skull. I gotta wonder about someone who would risk an infection that close to his central nervous system. Looked like the kinder chap God invented evolution to eliminate!

Unpierced,

Deepthought, I'm sure he does set off metal detectors! I've flown with mine and never had problems but that much metal is bound to go off.

Sarge, each to his own I guess, I can't see myself getting one were I couldn't see it to make sure it stayed clean and an infection at the base of the skull would put you down fast. I've never known any one to get them infected as long as they read and follow after care instruction and don't touch the damn things without cleaning their hands first. They hurt much less than you would expect but then as my better half likes to remind me I didn't think my liver biopsy hurt either. If you go to some one who knows what they are doing it is over before it starts, much less bother than a tattoo.

when i had my belly button done i was told all kinds of horror stores about infections etc. i had also seen some pretty nasty green icky sticky belly buttons walking around... :yack

the piercer told me to wash with salt water on a regular basis.. being that i was in the ocean all day every day i never got an infection, or any redness at all.. have quite enjoyed having this little piercing ;) ;)

Slapper?

oooh... someone just sent me an unsigned karma calling me a slapper... referring to my last posting about having fun...

naaasty.... whoever it was obviously doesnt have any b__s... especially with a piercing!

rofl rofl rofl

I peirced my tongue years back and don't wear anything in it anymore, even though the hole is still open, and I just want to let the world know that I can do the frenzel.

Reactions: island_sands
wat do u guys reckon about tats tho, i love the piercings but im thinking about getting a tat on my right shoulder

snap!
we have the same birthday.... although not quite the same year... :(

tatoos

Yeah man, tatoos are great. I was nervous before my first one, but after it I found the physical sensation is addictive. It hurts just a little, but kind of tickles too. Of course, the pain will vary depending on where you get tatoo-ed, but it still is an awesome feeling. I now have 2 on my right outer upper arm, and one on the underside of my right upper arm. I am going to get one or two more, but haven't decided where yet.

Just don't get something you will regret in 20 years, like some gay butterfly on your ankle or something. My best friend was hammered one night, and I watched him get a four leaf clover tatto-ed on his body and the phrase "pogue mahone" underneath it. If you don't know what that means, ask an Irish friend. I also know a guy who was pretty blasted one night, along with his blasted friends, and they took his black-out a$$ to the tatoo parlor. They had the artist tatoo on his ass a caped pickle wearing a space helmet, shooting a laser gun! It was pretty funny the next morning when he woke up with a sore ass, and took a look in the mirror. Boy was he proud of his new tat! I can just see the look on the face of the next girl he wakes up with as she catches a glimps of his bare backside while he is stumbling from the bed to the bathroom!

Tattoos

Agree Lutz,

I have 4 myself, one each upper arm, 1 inner lower left arm, one left Pec (chest). The inner arm was a bit rough and the one on the chest was OK until it got closer to the nipple. THAT hurt.... I have heard (since I don't have one on my shoulder, I can't attest) that places a) where the sun don't shine, b) where there is not much padding (meaning not a lot of muscle between skin and bone), and c) where things don't rub a lot are the worst in terms of pain.

BIG SERIOUS Uber Mega Agree on the "be picky with what you get" philosophy. Mine is "No names and nothing I would be embarrased to show my kids." I have 2 Pegasus, a dragon, and a Unicorn head. I have been thinking about a wolf but have been given the "Over my dead body" by the better half...... I will have to think about that for a while yet.

In addition, if the tattooist will give you a tat when you are drunk or stoned, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! They aren't worth it. If you have a snootfull, you will bleed like a stuck pig, not to mention you may not like what you wake up with. If they don't use a new set of needles, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Dipping them in alcohol and lighting them on fire is NOT sufficient (saw this method in Panama) :eek:

Otherwise, knock yourself out but remember, once you get it, you GOT it. Unless you happen to enjoy having your skin ripped off by a belt sander (salt abrasion method) or burned off (laser ablation) and the resulting scars, it ain't gonna go away.... ever!

Tats rule!! I have four now and am itching to get more. It does hurt a little, just enough pain to let you know you are alive and they are addictive. Kind of like potato chips. Just need to make sure you go to some one with a good rep who keeps their junk clean.

Hey Island Sands, the salt water wash was a great idea. They have this new spray here that the place I go to sells now that mimics sea water and the stuff works great.

So nobody got the tongue ring? Been thinking about getting one for years but I need to be able to talk. I've been told I should get a nipple ring but I'm not so sure about that one. Tattoos are great. Look great and feel great too. Especially when the needle goes over your spine or shoulder blade oooohh it hurts so good! Okay enough about that, can't get another for a few more months. Yes belly button rings are dead sexy. I just wanna....... nevermind, I might start scaring people. C'mon gang bust out those tattoo pics, I'll try to post one of mine later. Btw Sands nice tummy.

Brad

i got my ears pierced the first week of college, then i heard my parents were coming to visit so i quickly removed them..the ass kicking i would have gotten....

Can't see myself doing the nipple ring either. Yeah, gotta love that burn when you get ink done. Can't decide what I want to have done next.

yeah, definately gona get the tat done, i'm not much of a pain addict but ive put up with some pretty painful things so a tat cant be super bad. i'll get some photos up when its done. thats freaky stuff island sands, most of my friends and lots of people i know have birthdays also around the start of june, but your the first one with it on the 4th like me

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT