• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bonica Snapper HD underwater video camera, NEW in the UK.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

paddygoat

Jul 6, 2009
Normal price: £352.50 including p&p to mainland UK. No VAT. Please contact me. 10% discount available to forum users whilst stocks last.

Item Includes:
Bonica Snapper HDDV, 8.0MP Digital Still/Media Camcorder - Skin - Remote Control - Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery - Battery Charger - USB Cable - AV Cable - Carrying Bag - User's Manual and CD with Software & Instructional Video - Bonica Warranty. Underwater housing waterproof to 55m. High quality waterproof Storm hard case.
Description
The Bonica Snapper Dive HDDV underwater digital media camcorder features the innovative XP system (stands for extra protection) that safeguards the camcorder against moisture by having a completely water-tight silicone skin around the camera, much like a dry suit. While inside the Skin, the camcorder is an all-weather camcorder fit for all outdoor activities. The Skin protects the camcorder from rain, snow, sand and scratches.
When the camcorder is inside the hard housing, it is ready to be submerged to 180'. In case moisture gets inside the housing, the digital camera is fully protected. The Bonica Snapper Dive HDDV is a miniature camera that resembles some digital still photo cameras in its vertical layout. It has an 2.4" LED monitor that allows easy and fun framing, even when wearing a mask.
The Bonica Snapper Dive HDDV does not use video tape, but writes onto inexpensive SD cards. In fact, a 4 GB card will record over 90 minutes of video. Because the recording process uses no moving parts, the card can be reused far more times than a video cassette. 8.0 Mega-pixel digital stills, digital stabilization and a built in video light are just some of the many features this stylish camera comes with.
Features
Snapper Skin: Made of flexible silicone rubber
Allowing full control of the camera
Tempered optical glass lens port
Rated to 12' (3.65 m) with skin
Camcorder: Shoot HD video or 8.0 Mega-pixel digital stills
Built in Video light and flash
Has large 2.4" LCD screen for easy framing
Digital stabilizer prevents a shaky image
Uses SD cards up to 16 GB
The camcorder has a 3x Optical zoom and 4X digital

Specifications
Snapper Skin Rated to 12' (3.65 m) with skin
Camcorder 5.0 Mega-pixel (1280 x 720 pixels)
LCD screen 2.4"
SD card support Up to 16 GB
Optical zoom 3x
Digital zoom 4x
Waterproof to 180' (55 m)
Warranty Bonica warranty
We used this camera ourselves to produce a short DVD, which is also for sale on ebay. We were impressed with the quality and compared with other cameras in this part of the market, the bonica had much better low light responsiveness, which is essential underwater where light is limited. We mounted the camera on the side of a speargun, some fish were shot in this DVD trailer:
Coming soon: Universal camera bracket for spearguns £95.00 including p&p to mainland UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. I'll see if it can be reduced. The bracket is made from 316 stainless steel and is itself comprised of 5 components, the largest of which costs me £15 from the profile cutters. Maybe I'm the MUG for paying £15 for a small piece of stainless steel with a load of holes cut in it?

The camera is a very good price though. What is the exact model of camera so I can read up on it? I have never seen camera and housing for that price it is perfect.

I suppose if you don't have the technical ability making a bracket would be impossible so worth the money in that respect.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a Bonica Snapper HDDV (1280 x 720 pixels) and, since it's you, apneaboy, I'll do you a special price on the bracket if you buy the camera.

I've just been in touch with my supplier and they've reduced the price that I pay on these cameras so I can now sell them at £352.50 including p&p. The bad news is that the bracket will stay at £95.00, for the present at least.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…