• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Brian E.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Brian Eakin

Oct 10, 2007
Howdy to all:
I am just getting my feet a little wetter by looking into this org. My age is 70 but only feel like a mid-forty.
Used to free-dive when I started in 1954 mostly in Hollywood, Fl.
Started Scuba diving when I lived in Marathon, Fl at the ripe young age of 17. We used Aqua Lung equipment and the tank with a "reserve" feature.
Restarted my uw experience this last May and am now cert. by PADI as Adv. Openwater Diver...IT FEELS GOOD!
Would like to connect with other Christian divers for both local and Caribbean trips, boat, beach.. Anything wet, free or Scuba.
Am retired Military and Flight Instructor. Considering training for Master or Dive Instructor
I welcome contacts... Brian

Reactions: Erik
Welcome Brian, do you know Richey and Cindy in Marathon? Both spearfishers, Richey is a couple of years younger (60) and Cindy 45.
Anyway, good to see you :)

Great to have you, feel free to share your stories. And can I ask if you have stopped freediving?

Hi Brian, Welcome to DB. I love seeing divers more "mature" than me.

Watch the buddies section for the Florida Freedivers thread. Groups get together to dive Blue Springs and Troy Springs and you would be welcome.

Connor

welcome Brian, great to have you here. Ironically, I'm 40 but feel mid-70's. Just kidding. I look forward to meeting you. Keep track of Connor Davis, he's sets up a real fun day when you dive with him. Just make sure he has his morning coffee so he can keep up. Just kidding Connor, I think you can outdive me without the coffee.
Tony

WOW! Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!
I'm not quite sure how to respond to individuals on this site. I guess you all see this reply, right?
As regards anyone in Marathon now.. I joined the US Navy in 1959 and have not been back to the keys since, except for a short trip to Key West 3 years ago. To say that I know no one down there now would be an understatment! I would rejoice in the chance to meet the folks you mentioned there Pastor.
I have not had the opportunity to really do any free-diving except for a 1 day scalloping trip out of Crystal River. The water was only 5ft deep!
My areas of interest run the whole gamut of salt and freshwater activity and since I'm retarded, oops, RETIRED my personal schedule is really limited only by my bank account (which ,of course, my sweet wife permits me to use on a limited basis) I do have a small camping-van which allows some freedom to "move about the country".

Reactions: Bill
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT